Beyond #3 Ladder Burning Flameblast Build

Intro
This is my current build in Beyond. I'm #3 overall on the ladder and wanted to share my build with the community. It should be appealing to anyone who enjoyed Detonate dead before the nerf. It's just an Ele prolif burn build with a very large life pool. I currently have 6.6K health and can one shot anything that isn't curse immune including bosses.

Requirements

Only real requirements for the build are Rise of the Phoenix, a high level Purity of Fire, and Ruby Flasks.
Reasoning: When using Flameblast, it's very easy to one shot yourself on reflect. This is even worse in beyond where a reflect beyonder can spawn in the middle of a pack that did not have reflect when the fight started. I would have died 10 times over without the shield when I didn't notice reflect. 100% Fire res with a ruby popped to hit big mobs in reflect maps. Normally I 1-3 stack FB.

Playstyle
The build is simply meant for efficient map clearing. A quick dual curse and a 2 stack flameblast will kill anything besides bosses in solo play. Decoy totem is used for anything dangerous where more charging is needed.

Tree
Progression Tree

http://poeurl.com/yZOziwq
http://poeurl.com/yZOzYGm
Reasoning: Flameblast is super effecient in the leveling phase even without many fire damage nodes. I only grab a few damage nodes and eldritch battery with discipline for leveling. Everything else goes into life. Ridiculous damage is a luxury after your defense is complete.

Current Tree

http://poeurl.com/yZOmbq7

Reasoning:Most of the build is obvious, but there are a few things I get questions on such as why I spend 7 points on dual curse and curse effectiveness. In a burn build, your damage is multiplied by curses twice. First, your flameblast hits twice as hard with the -100 fire res, which causes your ignite base damage to be doubled. However, the huge ignite is then modified by their -100 fire resist again as it burns making curses insanely effective. Do NOT skip these points. Also, I take mace health rather than ele damage because I don't need anymore damage, but hp is always useful.

Bandits
Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Kill All
Merciless: Kill All

Reasoning: Life is good. The Cruel and Merciless bandits just don't offer anything too valuable for the build. The endurance charge in the Merciless can be taken if you plan on manually maintaining charges, but I strongly recommend against it. A group of leapers or shield chargers can instakill you before you cast IC.

Links
Weapon:
2link: Cast When Stunned, Molten Shell
Arctic Armour

I had two extra gem slots and couldn't think of anything better honestly. This is what I use, but I'm sure other skills could work as well.

Shield:
Faster Casting, Lightning Warp, Reduced Duration

Helm:
Clarity, Reduced Mana, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning

I don't need the resist auras for the resists at all. I'm overcapped without them. However, 95% of my RIPs are to elemental damage, so I run purity of fire and lightning to mitigate the dangerous damage types. Fire is also to reach 100% fire resist when needed. Clarity is level 20 because I spam curses constantly and really need it.

Chest:
4link: Flameblast, Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, Fire Penetration
5link:^+Concentrated Effect
6link:^+Increased Area of Effect

Some people like to use Increased Burning damage as a 6th link, but it's unnecessary. The burn is already massive, and you'll do much more damage overall spreading it to more targets.

Boots:
Cast When Damage Taken(lvl 10), Enduring Cry(lvl 11), Immortal Call(lvl 10), Increased Duration

Gloves:
Faster Casting, Elemental Weakness, Decoy Totem, Flammability

Gear
My Current Gear:

Flasks:

Reasoning:I'm ridiculously overcapped on resists. I can run ele weakness and blood magic together, so I decided to focus on life instead. That is why I run coral rings and try to get strength on gear. My 6link is a garbage base that I bought and got lucky with chaos spamming maybe 5 days into the league.

Meeps

Avoid: Minus Max, No Regen
Everything else is possible for the build. With the methods stated above double reflect is not an issue.

Half regen is done by turning off AA.

In blood magic I run no auras, but 4.1% regen is plenty to cast as much as you like. You will only reach 96% fire resist, so reflect must be handled delicately. I've chunked myself to half with 99% fire resist and could easily kill myself at 96% into a big pack.

Last edited by PeachieMark on Sep 12, 2014, 10:23:05 AM
good build, but how does it do in 6 man group maps?
It carries really hard.
It looks like you could gain an extra +1% max fire/lightning resist by picking up the inner force nodes. Did you skip it intentionally?
how did you die?
Hey, I've been playing this and really enjoying it as I've never used flameblast before. I haven't gotten eldritch battery yet, however, and I'm wondering if you really find it necessary? I just got into merciless and have had 0 problems with constantly levelling clarity and whichever purity I need. Does it hit a point with 6 link (I'm using 5 link) that you just need that extra mana? I was thinking that I'm ending up with ~600 es as it is now might even be worth grabbing some es points
I'll answer a couple questions. Firstly, I just died today to a rare substantial physical spider, a normal pack, and a magic pack all flickering me at once in an added lightning damage map. My fault mostly.

Second, you don't need eldritch battery if you can get mana regen on all your jewelry. The mana issues don't really come up until later when you really start curse spamming. If you can get by without eldritch, I recommend putting 2 of the points into deep thoughts.

As for inner force, I hit 100% fire resist without it and really didn't see anything worth dropping to pick it up. Again, this is a personal preference.
Man I love these builds, high dps and no need for overpriced uniques.

So you can truly carry your team with this?

What are the DPS?

How about Place/Shrine bosses?

Ty in advance.
il better stick to my pledgeblast
I have a couple of questions for you actually--1. How do you think this version compares to the block version? 2) If you hadn't died, would you consider your build Atziri capable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info