Ghostfire Summon Raging Spirit - halfhearted design?

I was so looking forward to an alternate skill effect for summon raging spirit.

and therefor i was so exited when i saw the patch notes today, but i was totaly disappointed when i watched the preview video... you may ask why at this point... well, the gostly (greenish) flames errupt from a still fire-red pulse around the character - really?!

sorry GGG but if the design was not that halfhearted i would have instantly bought the alternate effect, but this inconsequent design is really a shame and looks more like a fast created cash bringer for a common skill, than a lovingly design.

just my 2 cents (instead of 80 points)

edit: and i do apologize in advance for any irritation while reading my statement, but english is not my first language
Last edited by sakusa on Sep 12, 2014, 9:17:10 AM
Hey

Same for me, very disappointed with the execution of it.
The ground effect is still fire red and the attack of the skully is still a fire effect.
Looks cheap, i rather have a 200 point cost and a good realization instead.
We intend to fix colour problems like this once we get the tech in place to change the "surge" effect.

My current plan is that there would be among others a "gore", "demonic" and "ghostflame" surge effects. This would make it easy to make more ghostflame (like fireball ETC) skill recolours that gets the correct surge attached to it. I'll investigate how easy it would be to get this tech added.
Omnitect of Wraeclast
"
Erik wrote:
We intend to fix colour problems like this once we get the tech in place to change the "surge" effect.

My current plan is that there would be among others a "gore", "demonic" and "ghostflame" surge effects. This would make it easy to make more ghostflame (like fireball ETC) skill recolours that gets the correct surge attached to it. I'll investigate how easy it would be to get this tech added.

I don't own a Ghostflame SRS effect, but just out of curiosity, you are intending to change the effect retrospectively?

At several occasions the topic of changing existing Effects was answered with a statement about how people bought the Effect and changing it afterwards could anger players that bought the Effect because of how it looked.

I understand this stance and support it to some degree, but I wonder how changing the SRS Ghostflame effect fits into this.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
The raging spirit itself would stay the same. In this case I hope it would be OK since it would look a lot better and mostly is enabling something that was intended all along.

Is there anyone reading this bought the ghostflame SRS that does not want it to have a green fire surge effect as well?
Omnitect of Wraeclast
Will buy and do want fixed. <3
noun: escapism

the tendency to seek distraction and relief from unpleasant realities, especially by seeking entertainment or engaging in fantasy.
"
Erik wrote:
The raging spirit itself would stay the same. In this case I hope it would be OK since it would look a lot better and mostly is enabling something that was intended all along.

Is there anyone reading this bought the ghostflame SRS that does not want it to have a green fire surge effect as well?

Oh, I am all for changing it so it fits. I just like to ask these questions before any possible damage is done.

And fair enough, one could argue that the surge is not really part of the mtx.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info