PoE does not start in Steam

Client crashed out of the sudden. Now game does not start on steam. It is stuck at 100% after a 4.4mb update.

restarted steam, restarted pc. same issue
Verify the Cache/Installation of Path of Exile inside of Steam.
"
Drakier wrote:
Verify the Cache/Installation of Path of Exile inside of Steam.
that didnt work for me. i have the same exact problem.. i wonder if someone any other ideas? :P i can only think of re installing but that would be a pain becuase i dont have a fibre optic broadband lol :P. thanks in advance to whoever solve this ^_^
still the same issue ...

I`ll reinstall gladly I have 200mb/s downstream ...
If verifying the cache/installation for Steam didn't fix the issue for you in Steam, then re-installing it isn't going to help either.

Steam uses a comparison method to byte-compare what they have to what you have. If you verify, it does a direct compare of your file to theirs. If you were to re-install, all that happens is that it puts the same files back on your PC.

Somtimes with the STAND-ALONE client, re-installing can help (although you should PackCheck.exe and ggpk_defragment first) but that is because the patching method for that is different than Steam. Also note, do NOT run PackCheck.exe or ggpk_defragment on a Steam install.

What happens to PoE after you restart your PC and Steam when you attempt to play PoE? Does it show up with a PathOfExileSteam.exe in the Task Manager process list?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info