1.2.2 Deployment and Item Issue

There was also a problem with the calculation of Spell Damage. We have deployed serverside and clientside hotfixes. Just update your client if the DPS looks wrong and it'll display correctly now.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Sep 12, 2014, 1:20:36 AM
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
whats with all the dps loss?

Some developers are checking those reports to see why a lower total is reported in the UI.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
http://imgur.com/NCZnF10.jpg

I can not login to my char Chris =/

Restart your client - it needs to update to the patch for you to be able to log in.
Last edited by Chris on Sep 11, 2014, 8:52:24 PM
"
Nagisan wrote:
Any news on the issues with bows?

I have three bows in a stash tab, I can see them on the website but if I try to open that stash tab in-game it crashes with "Deserialized a mod we don't recognize."....seems like a mod on one of my bows was changed in some way that the client no longer recognizes it, causing the crash when it attempts to load it into memory.

You're on Steam, right? This will be fixed soon.
A server-only hotfix will soon be deployed that fixes spell damage. A while later, a client patch will be available that fixes the display of it.

Then we'll work on restoring the 170 bows/wands that were unable to load under 1.2.2.
Last edited by Chris on Sep 11, 2014, 9:16:29 PM
"
LazinCajun wrote:
Thanks for the update and the transparency, GGG!

One question though, do we need to e-mail support if we have missing items or will it be taken care of? I'm sure they're getting inundated right now...

We can restore them automatically. It's straightforward and has no risk or economy damage like real rollbacks do.
"
Nagisan wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
You're on Steam, right? This will be fixed soon.
Thanks for the quick updates. Luckily my primary bow didn't disappear (two levels from using the bow in my stash that crashes) so I can continue for now. Good to see the fixes are coming.

Can't wait to read the error report about this later, as a geek those types of reports are amazing to read.

a) We missed a bug that resulted in some weapons not being loadable in 1.2.2. We shut down the realm, fixed it so that no more items were lost and brought the realm back up. The affected items will be restored over the next few days. This isn't precedent for future item recovery, because in this case it's 100% our fault and harmless to restore.
b) In our haste, the client portion of this fix wasn't pushed to Steam, so some Steam users were unable to play (an item deserialisation error occurred) until we fixed that. They should patch their clients now.
c) We missed a bug related to Spell Damage. This has now been fixed and we'll be updating the client's DPS estimator once it has finished building.

Sorry about the problems! We had quite a long QA cycle for this patch but still missed these issues. We'll be reviewing internal policies to see what we can improve.
Last edited by Chris on Sep 11, 2014, 9:27:57 PM
"
xenilix wrote:
I crashed due to deserialization too and I don't use the steam client, it happened when i was scrolling through stash tabs...

When you restart, is a client patch available? After applying that patch, does it work now? (It should be yes and yes to that)
The clientside part of the DPS hotfix has been applied. After restarting and patching your game clients, it should display correctly now. Sorry about that!
The bows and wands have been restored. The Shockwave totem fix cast speed will be in 1.2.2b, soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info