Avatar of Fire Burning Discharger

Decided to roll a new character. The build will revolve around the following two uniques;

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_8wbBBOOfoLRVtScvns3vDtIhvJ9XDZHOu-33MnKprKp82VnzJ-3AGvxLkFVmnmwWp4QWQK-NhxkaOIV97DgpTzrY5CKCm03YLdIabLUE1HyePJ8-na4Wb13G52qBb6cIEmkkqnrmBLOPRriT2t0XHBhlNukUTQJxm6Hr7nF542qDOKIA99d4L5rgKPrvfKyYOVJFndo6gsfxbDpYEQ90Vbw3U1KBr_noNthVxtteXypYB7jQSRuD21AwsQUqjexV

Skills to run
This will be the main damage source. There is an optimum gem setup we will be running for max DPS. They are as follows;

This will be your bread and butter damage dealer. Fire penetration can be replaced with life leech.

Leave LMP and power siphon at level 1 on this one(Can also run this in a 4-link along with frenzy if you wanna do asshole amounts of damage). Wand damage is insignificant. It's far more important to have high spell/fire damage rolls.

Blood Magic + Flammability + Elemental Weakness

Reduced Mana + Purity of Fire

Anything after this point is all up to you. Lightning Warp/Curses/CwDT are the most common.

About the Tree
The tree picks up 2 keystones; resolute technique and avatar of fire. Resolute technique will allow us to generate power charges fast. Without accuracy on tree, power charges would not necessarily be available otherwise. Avatar of fire allows us to deal maximum damage w/ one type of damage source. This results in far better burns, along with allowing us to path/itemize for and against a specific elemental type. Double curse further augments this.

Playing the tree
The idea is to abuse Power Charge/LMP on a high spell damage wand. each enemy hit will generate a power charge. Resolute technique will allow us to generate power charges faster. Discharge to generate endurance charges/deal damage. Proliferate burn to kill everything in sight.

We will be running purity of fire + one of two shields to trivialize elemental reflect;

Pros
Naturally tanky due to 5%+ life regen and 6 endurance charges.
Deals Ludicrous amounts of damage.
Trivializes elemental reflect.

Cons
Severe lack of dexterity limits item usage to str/int based gears and gems.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Sep 13, 2014, 11:02:34 PM
Speaking of which, if anyone happens to have a spare romira's banquet on hc, i'd like to purchase one :).
Thinking there's a way to optimize this to be able to make use of righteous fire as well.. will see how many ele damage i can drop to make use of RF without gimping the build.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Sep 12, 2014, 2:30:24 AM
Got another similar tree. Lost one power charge and a bunch of damage nodes. Gained purity of fire + its innate buff.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQLv-iD18_8wbBBOOfoLRVtScvns3vDtIhpzC8n1cNFHGRzgPGu-0GDvcyY_1yqQn2rKp82VnzJ-3AGvxLxPaQVWaebBY8LaeE-tIWQK-NhxnGrho4Fy826YV9HKfsOIbRJKrjailPDF862CSwFm_kIoKbU6VN2C3SgKQabLUE1HyePJ8-na5dxudqgW-nCBJpeuYEs49GuJMXHBRNAnGboevucXmDOKIA99d4L5rgKPrvfKyYOVJFndo6gsc6WLw3U1KBr_noVcZYB7jQaHSD27EF2mKUoA==

Will easily be able to sustain RF. Further trivializes reflect damage. 10%+ life regen on the tree. Rise of the Phoenix is necessary.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Sep 12, 2014, 4:01:05 AM
Im leveling a marauder thinkin about use discharge.
enduring cry+spell echo+increased area efect
(dont have romiras banquet)
interesting build. keep it update it please
Last edited by HRDL on Sep 13, 2014, 7:01:30 PM
Will doooos
but I dont understand a thing, why avatar of fire helps to discharge?
if use blood dance boots have some frenzy charges are cold good,no?

and I get 9 endurance (7 from tree and oak and 2 from 2 kaoms sign ring)
but im levelin with kaoms primacy melle waiting to find some sceptre with enough spell and fire damage.

and do you thing righteous fire helps a lot a lot?
what is necesary to sustain it exactly?
I dont know if buy a rise of phoenix or focus the passive nodes on shield block
here is my tree at moment

I grab strenght to try Q20 iron will+discharge+concentrated efect+fire pen/lifeleech+increased area efect :D
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAA8YGDgn2DjwS4RQgFHEVUBZvFy8YkRo4Gj4aVRpsG0UkqiW8JwspLi3SLv826DbpOlI62EKjQ2NGaU3YUEdUSVW1VdZYr1j1WfNfP2EhY_1ko2TnZp5xTXKpfLh82YCkg7aMdo6_kFWRzprPna6dxJ7Nn8uiD6cIpzCnhKyqtzG77cAawQTG2N-_42rjn-oY7DjxrPIv9zL46_rS
Last edited by HRDL on Sep 14, 2014, 6:25:34 PM
I want to find some perandus blazon belt with +1 endurance charge
then can get 10 endurance charges

I think CWDT (max level posible for your life+ES)
+moltenshellQ20+chance to ignite+eleproliferation
Last edited by HRDL on Sep 14, 2014, 7:14:10 PM
RF potentially helps due to multiplying spell damage by 59% at lvl 20. Tree requires lvl 95+ to make rf work with it, so isn't optimum till later.

Avatar of fire's appeal is that it allows you to turn the cold and lightning damage from frenzy and power charges to fire damage. This results in far larger burns. Only thing resulting in even more would be speccing into crit chance and multiplier. Crit crosses over the safety line due to reflect.
Also, don't need to run chance to ignite with quality molten shell due to quality already adding a chance to burn enemies. Elemental proliferation will already take care of that. One enemy burning will result in all enemies burning. Add burning damage gem instead.
Last edited by CommanderSauce on Sep 14, 2014, 8:49:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info