GGG can we get Templates

Of the cooler community made Hideouts at some point? Maybe even some GGG made ones?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like this idea, maybe a sort of ingame gallery with GGG created sections of tilesets, so you still can customize your hideout around them to full hideout layouts, being able to upload your hideout layouts to this gallery for the community to download and maybe vote on could make it even better, if done right of course as decorations are based on master levels.
I don't want to sound mean,

But I think it wouldn't make your hideout unique if you could just copy paste from somebody else's.

Although, you are free to get inspired by the many elements included from the posted hideout threads.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
"
D4wdl wrote:

But I think it wouldn't make your hideout unique if you could just copy paste from somebody else's.

Although, you are free to get inspired by the many elements included from the posted hideout threads.

That's the idea. I could care less if my hideout is "unique". Im not into th whole minecraft angle of spending hours building a hideout, I just want to kill stuff. If I could just get templates , for me personally, that would be much cooler.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
D4wdl wrote:

That's the idea. I could care less if my hideout is "unique". Im not into th whole minecraft angle of spending hours building a hideout, I just want to kill stuff. If I could just get templates , for me personally, that would be much cooler.

I'm just into the "creating cool builds" and not into the "just want to kill stuff".. So if I could just get character templates with 120 skill points and nice items + gems I'd be happy.

I hope you can see that I'm being sarcastic. A good game is a game where nothing is given for free to the players. If you don't want to pimp your hideout, dont do it. it functions the same anyway. Farm your masters quests and just get the 4 you want. You do not need to place more than their crafting-benches.

Just like you take pride in your well geared and well theorycrafted character the people who have made a cool, pimped hideout take pride in that. Still you feel that you have the right to have the same for free and also with theirs as your template...

I also want to say that I'm not attacking your right to a opinion. I'm just questioning it.
"
ErikES wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
D4wdl wrote:

I'm just into the "creating cool builds" and not into the "just want to kill stuff".. So if I could just get character templates with 120 skill points and nice items + gems I'd be happy.

I hope you can see that I'm being sarcastic. A good game is a game where nothing is given for free to the players. If you don't want to pimp your hideout, dont do it. it functions the same anyway. Farm your masters quests and just get the 4 you want. You do not need to place more than their crafting-benches.

Just like you take pride in your well geared and well theorycrafted character the people who have made a cool, pimped hideout take pride in that. Still you feel that you have the right to have the same for free and also with theirs as your template...

I also want to say that I'm not attacking your right to a opinion. I'm just questioning it.

I want to play ARPGs to kill stuff, not play Legos. If you enjoy it, great. I don't. Please don't tell me how I should enjoy the game.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
ErikES wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

I want to play ARPGs to kill stuff, not play Legos. If you enjoy it, great. I don't. Please don't tell me how I should enjoy the game.

Didn't you notice that I did not tell you how you should enjoy the game, I was just pointing out reasons why other do enjoy the game. Your suggestion could be ruining the experience for other people (those who enjoy and take pride in pimping their hideout). I hope you continue to enjoy the game and let others do the same.
I hear what you're saying and they could probably put in some really simple templates for people who feel the same as you. However those templates shouldn't be copying a hideout that someone has put the handwork and creativity to create. I do think it would be cool if GGG would implement a template system where you could save a layout you've created for a certain master hide out, then be able to wipe it completely clean. That way you can load it again without having to set everything back up again.
^ id honestly prefer GGG designed templates than player made ones.

Edit; Less is more and if this sub-forum is anything to go by most people's level design skills can be summed up by: lets just put as much crap in a small space as possible. Not feelin' em for the most part. Don't worry, I more than likely don't want to "copy" your designs
Last edited by TheWretch on Sep 12, 2014, 10:47:28 PM
i agree for templates too.

also, the possibility to save a layout i've made to re-use it at a later date. that would help try new things in the hideout, or even try new hideouts, without loosing hours if the new result isn't satisfying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info