[1.2.2] Pyre-ST-CoC witch ( now with a bad quality video )

new build guide editing:

hier:

tree is:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4EswceDkgPqxEtES8RlhNtFAkWvxzcHb4fxyLiIvQkiyaIJpUo-ipNKworeCycLYsy0TOHNZI64TwFPV8_J0GHRUdH4kkTSVFKyE3jUlNVS1ltXEBd8l-YYeJo8mqMbAttGW6qdZ52gnyDf8aCEILHh8uJ4Iqvjr6PGo_6kBGSwZMfkyeVLpeVl_SiAKLZpDmmV6ebsNi00bVItfK3MLc-uJPAZsM6yAzIFM8VzzLYvd-w5ljrY-vu73zwH_DV8kX1b_no_gr-jw==?accountName=moomaaru&characterName=Maara_SimplyCantResist

Spoiler
Essence Drain + Contagion , Spreding the Sickness - Chaos "Proliferation"

Hey,
I diden't see anyone doing a build that focuses on a singel big Essence Drain hit that then gets spred by Contagion. Is so much fun, and i thought to sear it with you.

So the idea is to clear more then the hole screen with a singel hit. A bit like Burn-proliferation back in the days.
Note that this build is for player that have fun with pressing more then one buttem!
You will have to time your hits good and aim for the right targets!

But the resoult is so plesent to look at. So nice how one mob dies after another in an domino effect :D

Dodg and loot while everything dies.
Better crank that drop alarm sound up, cos so much will die off screen!

Gem setup:

(a 5 link dropped for me so i added Slower Projectiles, which is not necessary at all)
(the rich kids can add a lvel 3 or 4 Empower i guess , or a faster projectiles, Culling Strike seams not to cull, but adds a little damage)

No Lesser or Greater Multilpe Projectiles! Th ey will give you less damage and you will only benifit on the initial hit not on the damage over time. Sure it's harder to hit the mobs with only one projectile but it's so rewarding when you run past many packs that all simply fall over besides you. Also the singel target damage is better that way.

I usually use Contagion first and target a white low health mob with Essens Drain

At level 75 (without Ralley Cry boost)
lv 17 Essence Drain with a damage over time of around 14 000 , lasts x seconds
lv 17 Contage has a damage over time of around 1 000 , last even 10 seconds
so hitting and killing one mob resolts in 15 000 dps which is not too bad for basicly no currency investment.

I cursse with Vulu on chaos resistant mob or CHampions and Rares, to speed the process up a bit.

Wither adds a lot of damage , i use it primarely for bigger foes like Bosses and Exiles.
I had some sockets free, so why not Vaal Lightning for nice shocked ground.

Chaos Golam fits the theam

Whirlding Blades + Faster Attacks. We all love it, and it's perfect for the "hit and run" playstyle of this build.

lv1 Cast on Damage taken with Ice Nova Curse on Hit setup. For safety. Quite nice with the slowing of the Chaos spells and the Chilling Groung from arctic Armour.

Yes no Abyssl Cry , even though it scales with all my other area and chaos stats. Bu it stops the spred of the Damage over time, and clear speed is way faster without the cry.
Ralley Cry is a nice damage boost and saves you from using Clarit. Clarity is also fine if Realley Cry is too much efford, but it gets hard to squse Disipline in then. Replace The Ralley Cry with Reduced Mana in your Contagion, Vulu 4L to save mana.

Disiplin...because no other aura seams that much usefull to me. Maybe Haste but, meh. I'd rather play it a bit saver and use Disipline for some more Energy SHield.

Current (very ceap) Gear on Talisman leauge:

Jewl:

It's currently the only jewle that I'm using.
Good jewels are hard to come by so I left the out for now.

Tree:

Life , Increased Area , Chaos and Damage over time
Ston notes because I don't like to get stunned when I try to land my hit and life is a bit low at the moment.

Bandits:

Oak - kill - kill

Leveling:

I started out with the usual Freeezing Pulse , Flametotem and Searing Bond and Firetrap.
I think I sitched to Contagion/Essence Drain in in Act 2 normal and stoped using Freeze Pules sort after. And stoped evantully using Fire Trap. Damage was pretty good the hole time. So it was really fun to level with the new skills.
Searing Bond scales with the Damage over time notes and is okay as a damaging decoy totem so i keped it till very late in mercless.

Spoiler

hier mein stöckhchen
is ilv 51 also kann es kein +2 fire oder +1 gems rollen (dafür müsste es ilv55 sein)
hat so nur 5c gekostet , habs dann gescouert
alt bis +1 fire , dann random augment und regal + cast speed...also kosten gleich nix

sonst is ein pleadge eigentlich besser weil höheres echo, dafür kein +1 was jetzt auch nciht die welt ist, und du brauchst nur 4L

6 sockets und life für 7 alch gekauft
( ar/ev um chromas zu sparen und ar/ev is sicher auch nciht schlecht)
ohne witz enduring cry is echt nice jetzt mit dem life regen,
spart flask und extra phys reduction mit charges is auch nice

random found stuff
note: hab flame dash auf faster casting und lgoh , kp manchmal rettet mich das glaub ich

hier auh self found

flasks sind mega opop! mit den 50% flask life recovery notes gibt die erste in 6sec 5569,5 life xD !!
die instand 1224 damit allein is man schon mal mega tanky

als swap melee phys für melee splash auf srs
und knockback für fire pen im ft kann sehr nützlich sein um sich mobs vom leib zu halten

tree sieht grad so aus (lv74)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAA-4Esw-rES0Wbxa_Fy8YVhhqGYoaOBqPHNwdFB2-IuIkiySqJpUnLyj6KU8qTSycMtEzhzWSNuk62D8nQYdFR0fiSshLV1FMVUtV1lgHWW1fmF-wYeJk52h0aPJr226qb554L3yDfOV9W4CkgseC5IMJhMWKr48aj0aQEZBVlKCYrZuhm7WiAKQ5pwisR7UEtfK3PriTwGbA48M6ykrPMtWm2E3Yvdpi42rkIuvu7DjsivAf8bP22vno-tL7Cf4K?accountName=moomaaru&characterName=Maarala_DeLaMemoria

hab jetzt 4007 life und alles is so mega easy xD
also in maps muss ich schon manchmal kiten
aber tc und ele weak +ee hilft halt meag (danke , war n prima tip !! )

bandits hab ich oak / kill / kill

The main idea is to use Pyre to convert all cold to fire damage, which gets entirely mitigated by the flat damage reduction of Arctic Armour against reflect damage.
The damage come from 10 tiny projectiles that each deal relatively little damgae but get cast very often , which adds up to a lot of damage and a high clear speed (Aoe and single target).

I don't have really that much life about 3,7k and almost no life regeneration.
However the tankiness comes from a high level Arctic Armour and Catatina’s bench crafting at level 6 lets you get 1% fire leech on your dagger (also possible to use a Dorianis Invertation) so you leech a lot of life.
Furthermore the new tiers of life flasks work wonders.
I use a surgeon’s Eternal flask almost every time i get hit and it never gets empty, resulting in an active 600 life regeneration per second from it.
That combined with the 1% leech of a lot of fire damage let’s you facetank quite a lot.

This build doesn't need crazy expansive gear. In fact it is possible to clear even the highest maps very fast for about 1-2 exalts worth of gear.

Video:

Sorry for the bad quality !
I'm a video capturing noob, I used a Camtasia trial version but it skips frames, idk why - feel free to give me advise!

Here a quick video of this build doing dom merci:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gecdXkPGQE4&list=UUhMG1ZhkEjBeG4oOyWy_nXAhttps://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1BLWB_enDE547DE547&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=video+capturing&spell=1

Gems:

Technically you can play with a 5L with just Arctic Breath or Fireball.

For more damage and clear speed.
Simply throw into a pack or spam on a single mob , works great and saves time.

Temporal Chains for more dangerous mobs.
Works great with the chilled ground created by Arctic Breath and Arctic Armour.
It almost disables everything.

Fast and save!

for warping over gaps, through some doors, over small objects and in and out of dangerous situations. The Added Lightning is just there for longer shock duration in case i crit something with it. Increased Critical Damage would be fine, too. The Lightning Warp can also be used without Faster Casting if you don't have the sockets for it.

Arctic Armour is so good!
Protects you compleatly from reflect damage, even against -max, elemental weakness, double reflect! Helps a lot against enemies like Tentacle Miscreation and Voidbearer, that deal a lot of smale hits.

Optional:
I replaced Added Lightning with Righteous Fire by now. It is possible run inter maps with RF on, but it needs good flask management. I wouldn't do it before you get very high level! And it is not needed. The damage of this build is high enough without it! With surgeon's flasks this build gets so many flask charges back that you can combat the burn damage of RF with one ruby and one eternal life flask.
However it is a bit stressful, so I usually end up just switching it on for boss fights, exiles and Zana missions that are on a timer.

Purity of Elements is very useful as long as you don't have enough resistance on gear.
Purity of Lightning or Fire would be better.

You can also run Tempest Shield or two Purities at once with a second Reduced Mana gem.
At least as long as you don’t use Infernal Mantel or Cloak of Defiance.

Gear:

I use a dagger that i bought for 1 Alch and crafted for another 4 Chaos

6 power charges should result on about 92% critical chance with daggers (with Nightstalker passive note!)
which gets Cast on Crit to cast constantly (a bit less then before the nerf but still very reliable).
Just get a dagger with about 8,8-9+ % crit chance and as 1,4+ and you are good to go.
(you can basically pick up a white ambusher and alt-spam it a bit for increased local crit chance).
Lightning damage can also be nice for running maps with Elemental Equilibrium.
Don't worry about accuracy - I have about 72% chance to hit and it's not a problem!
Keep in mind that the dagger should have an open prefix for the fire leech mod!

Only the Tabula Rasa is a bit more expansive (about 30 Chaos on Rampage at the moment)
You don't really need the Rat's Nest ( it's about 10 choas - 2 ex depending on the roll)

The Three Dragons is also a good option, you will proc shock on enemies but the corpses will not be destroyed. Starkonja's Head can be a good alternative as well, but a rare helmet with Energie Shield, Resistance and Life might be better at first.

Every other piece of gear costs about 1-5 chaos.
(this is the gear i used till lv 86)

Flasks:

You really need a flask with remove bleeding because corrupted blood stacks up very fast when you get that many hits in!

-

late endgame gear:

I use 6L Infernal Mantle now.
It increases the damage and mana regeneration by a lot.
You will also never get to low mana with this build, so the only drawback is that you can’t reserve more of your mana.

I got the Infernal Mantel with lv 86 and did level 76 maps with a Tabula Rasa easily!

In hindsight I should have gone for a 6L Cloak of Defiance because the damage is high enough without the Infernal Mantle and Cloak of Defiance is the way tankier option!!
It's also easier to roll the correct colors on a dex/int chest.

I also switched gear around for resistance purposes:

I cause Rise of the Phoenix only to get Rightious Fire going.
You dont need the shield against reflect damage! RF is not needed for damage!
I just do it for fun, cause I'm a mad man!

Rathpith Globe or a rare shield with spell damage and spell crit chance are good options.

Or just a simple hybrit energy shield, armour or evation shield with life and resistance and without any damage! Because the damage is high enought without any spelldamage/crit on gear and with out Rightious Fire to run almost any map without a hussle!

Flasks:
(mainly changed them to use Righteous Fire)

Stats:

It's actually quite funny to see the stats, because they look so underwhelming.
Keep in mind that the tooltip with Cast on Crit doesn't mean much.

Spectral Throw:

without power charges

with 6 power charges

Fireball:

without power charges:

with 6 power charges:

and here wih 6 power charges and Rightious Fire on:

Arctic Breath:

without power charges:

with 6 power charges:

and here wih 6 power charges and Rightious Fire on:

Defances:

without flasks:

with ruby, granite and quicksilver flask:

Skilltree:

This is the tree with the 100% increased critical strike chance from Infernal mantle!
I had the Nightstalker notable, but I used the four points to get Doom Cast instead, because my critical strike chance with dagger would have been 98% if 95% wouln't be cap. I couldn't tell the differance between my 87,7% crit chance now and 95% so i cause more spell crit instead.

Whisper of Doom: because I like curses, you don’t have to get it.
I'm also not that sure about it anymore. My damage is so high now that I rarely use offensive curses at all... it's very good between lv 70 and 85...maybe i will respec them soon, idk.
Flask notes: because I use my Qicksilver flask all the time (138% ms!!!)
my granite flasks gives me 9,3k armour (47% reduction just from the flask!!)
and a resistance flask gives +13% to maximum resistance!
Eldric Battery: Just to get Arctic Armour running as high level as possible.
The rest is all life , critical strike chance, projectile speed, mana regeneration and spell/fire damage

Leveling:

I leveled with Freezing Pulse (+ Lesser Multiple Projectiles + Faster Casting + Faster Projectiles) and later with Flameblast +Faster Casting + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation and a Shockwave Totem... which was a bit underwhelming for me , I guess I would use Searing Bond next time again.
Also zombies got more life and are a viable option , they also help to keep mobs on a spot which gives you time to cast Flameblast.
I leveled with really bad gear and saved up all my currency to buy a Tabula Rasa as quickly as possible.

1st rush for life and mana regeneration then at around act 2 merciless start getting the crit notes
also it helps to have a small collection of weapon swap weapons with different socket colors to level gems. (most people know that, but some newer play find this information helpful ;)

example weapon swap weapons:

I had all defensive notes at around level 45, that's when i started to get the critical strike notes.
If you level with Cast on Crit form early on then get notes in the following order:
1) "Nightstalker"
2) "True Strike"
3) "Depth Perception"
4) "Annihilation"

If you level with self cast spells:
1) "True Strike"
2) "Annihilation"
- switch to cast on crit -
3) "Nightstalker"
4) "Depth Perception"

I killed Piety with Flameblast and farmed for a bit, switched then into Cast On Crit when my critical strike chance was around 80% and started running maps.

alternatively:

I talked to someone who leveled with a Tabula Rasa form early levels on. He used dual Ungil's Gauche.

I tested this build with a low critical strike chance of 50% with daggers, and it works pretty good. So I guess you can use Cast On Critical Strike from early on if you have the currency to get a Tabula Rase.

Bandits:
Oak
kill
Alira

Atziri fight

First of all I did not kill her, I'm simply to dumb for it - I guess :/
I get way to nervous during the fight. There i too much going on for me. Dodging Flameblasts and Storm Calls, getting punchtured for a lot, chaining flasks properly.
I really don't know how people do it. xD
My damage is good, it gets her down pretty fast, but my build as it is right now is way too squishy.

I guess it can be done, but it's not faceroll at all...

Note that I have never killed her with any build.
I tried it four times now with this build.

-Vaal is easy. just don't get hit 3 times in a row by his lazer.
With Righteous Fire on he is down in like 2 seconds, without in maybe 4.

-The Trio is way easyer then i thought it would be. Just run in circles and position yourself so you hit the to guys with the Spectral Throw and stay close to the Lady so she gets all the spells in the face. Then when she is dead run on in a big circle hugging the walls and shoot Spectral Throw behind you and kite the guys. Its over pretty quick and you should not run out of flask charges.

I approached Atziri with a Rise of the Phoenix shield... I don't know if that's the best idea to be honest but with Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning and with a Ruby flask i get to 99% fire resistance and with a topaz to 90 lightning. However facetanking is not the best idea because her spear 1shots me. I have no armour and Arctic Armour seams not to help at all. Well the Granite flask helps but oh man too many flasks needed ....
-Her normal phase is okay when running around an bit. Her hp goes down relatively fast even without RF on.
-It is a bit weird when she is in cocoon, because your spells explode on her. So i had to stand at a bad angle and move... it was a bit tidies.
-The splitphase is almost the same as her normal form. Note that you can ignore the mirror the reflect does nothing to you.

I guess it can be done, but not by me :/

Please let me know should anyone kill her with this build ;)

Conclusion

I really enjoy playing this build because it’s really tense to play.
It’s very fast , that’s why i choose it to play in rampage , or the other way around, and I choose rampage because of the build ... they really go well with each other - running fast and throwing dagger while doing so dealing damage along the way.
I like how i can dodge mobs manually and have to play smart with positioning yourself.

I also like Pyre’s “drawback”, that corpses get destroyed , no reviving necromancer or corps exploding boxes and mobs. The only real drawback is that the Herald of Ice effect “If you shatter an enemy, they explode and deal AoE cold damage to enemies near them” does not trigger.

I would not recommend it when you play on or with someone who plays on a potato.
Otherwise it’s really not that bad in party play. It only triggers Arctic Breath and Fireball which both got reworked effects and fps are mostly okay for everyone ... except for fracture seawitches Zana quests ... darn 0-1 fps / 1 million casts per second xD

edit: i got asked and yes you can play this build on standard too!
I don't know about hc though - maybe. I tend to die from time to time due to reckless play...

FAQ

Q: what's the benefit of using dagger+spectral throw over wand+barrage?
A:
Spoiler
1) Spectral Throw has a build in 100% pierce and cover a huge area (large packs or different mobs that stay apart of each other) especially with the increased projectile speed from the tree ( namely 10% from "Sniper" and 20% from "Ballistic Mastery") which is also very nice with the projectile speed of the spell projectiles.

2) Hit and Run ! you can throw dagger into a pack and run away, CoC will cast tones of spells while you move away from the mobs. Or you throw dagger into a pack and use Whirling Blades to dive very close to the pack and shotgun everything, or a specific mob like rares bosses and exiles. Then you can run or Whirling Blade right through the pack, maybe throw even more dagger behind you into the same pack (should anything still be alive) and both the first Spectral Throw and the second will hit multipul times and proc CoC very very often. Then you run to the next pack and repeat but this time the two Spectral Throws from the first pack will return to you and hit the second pack for even more CoC action :D

3) You can position yourself right in front of a boss (or rare mob/exile) and throw dagger so that they will hit not only the boss but also many targets (trash mobs) that stand behind the boss. Coc Will trigger like mad and all the spell projectiles will explode on the boss and shotgun him but will not hit the trash mobs, there for CoC will continue to trigger until the boss is dead and then clear of the trash mobs.

4) With a dagger you can use Whirling Blades!

It's a play style choice most of all.
With wand+barrage you can only stand on a spot and hit a single target. Or you will have to use something like pierce, fork or chain which all don't synergies with either Fireball or Arctic breath in my opinion. Because the AoE explosions is so power full but pierce, fork and chain checks come before the explosion so the projectiles will explode randomly or not at all.

However, if you have just a single mob it is easier to proc CoC with wand+barrage. That's one of the reasons why dagger+spectral throw is not that ideal for the Atziri fight.

Q: What bandits should i help?
A: Oak - kill - Alira

Q: I have a witch with free respec points, is there a way to change the bandit quest reward?
A: Well there is a way, but it's relatively expansive... to get the extra power charge you need to vendor 20 Orb of Regret and 1 Lapis Amulet in MERCILESS to a vendor! For Oak you need to vendor 20 Orb of Regret and a Amber Amulet in NORMAL and for killing them all 20 Orb of Regret and an Onyx Amulet in CRUEL.

Q: dps wise which is the best way to setup the gems for a 5l ?
A: In a 5L i'd do ST+GMP+CoC+PCoC and Fireball,
Fireball deals more damage then Arctic Braath but has no groundice
but the biggest advantage of Fireball is that it can fly over small objects
Arctic Breatch can be a bit annoying because it tents to explode randomly on little stones and stuff :/
But you should level both, try out which spells suites you better - using both in a 6L is sadly the best way but PCoC is a must! Because you get 300% increased crit chance with it, for both attacks and spells.

thanks for reading and feel free to comment or ask me Ingame (Maara_on_a_Rampage)

;)
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Dec 20, 2015, 5:35:15 PM
Thank you all for the positive feedback!
I haven't expected that making a build guide would be so rewarding.
So nice to hear that other people enjoy it :)

I'll keep updating this build guide!
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Sep 16, 2014, 5:04:57 PM
"
moomaaru wrote:
well 1.2.2 Patch Notes:
"
Qarl wrote:

We have restricted skills to only work with a single trigger gem at a time. Skills supported by multiple triggers will be disabled and won't work with any of them.

I guess I'll switch Arctic Breath out for Added Chaos Damage tomorrow...
RIP ground ice - you will be missed :/

Why? You still can use multiple skills on a single trigger gem. You just can no longer link a single skill to multiple triggers (enduring cry linked to CwDT AND CwS for example)
lol yeah

I red the patchnotes only very breathy and had to go ... QQing all the way
while i was sitting with my insurance manager (or whats it called?) I thought;
"not that means nothing will change for me"
I kinda never thought about the possibility of using more then one trigger gem at once,
maybe that's why i understood it wrong at fist xD

-thanks for telling me though :D

*sohappy
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Sep 11, 2014, 5:14:53 AM
What's your dps with this? Like how long does it take to kill merci dominus and can you do atziri? Also could I run item rarity and quantity in this somewhere?
The dps on the took tip doesn't tell much because it only calculates how probable it would be to cast the spell of Cast On Crit with Spectral Throw against one target.
the tooltip says 1966 for Fireball (lv19) and 1746 (lv20) for Arctic Breath.
However it melts bosses on the highest maps within seconds.
A Dominus merciless kill takes about 20 seconds for the hole fight and about 3 seconds for his last form.
I've done a Zana lv77 quest today with a timelimit of 5 minutes. It was the one where you have to kill 4 exiles. It took me under 2 minutes to kill them all, and they where all over the place.

edit: I tried Atziri four times now - would not recommend. This build is very powerful in the normal game, but Atziri very hard with it - at least for me :/

I don't know you could run magic find with this build.
Maybe It would work to use Aurseize , or rarity on the rare gear pieces.
but i guess it's no real option to use a second culling skill.
I usually spam the screen with daggers and fill it up with spell projectiles,
it't too uncontrollable as to stop dealing damage to switch to a culling skill, i guess.
But I don't believe in magic find anyway - my philosophy more the "kill a lot of stuff fast to get more loot" works out great for me.
<3ggg
Last edited by moomaaru on Sep 15, 2014, 6:46:23 AM
Trying out this build on Beyond, looks great! I love ST builds!
Oh nice!
Let me know if it works out for you ;)
Spectral Throw is a very save skill to play, good for kiting especially combined with Arctic Armour and Temporal Chains. The projectile speed from the tree is so good with it. You get more range and the Fireball/Arctic Breath projectiles don't take ages to travel to the target.
I wish you good luck , and i hope it works out for you!
<3ggg
I'll bump this once, because i changed and added a lot in the build guide:
Mainly the Atziri fight , leveling and gear sections. The current Skilltree is updated a well.
<3ggg
Repurposed a lvl 54 witch for this a few days ago, it's going pretty well so far and I'm enjoying the build! When I was actually going to put points into the build, I saw the final build before the lvl 45 and 70 so my point allocation ended up a bit strange, but it's ok so far.
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info