a few random questions

hey everyone,
i've been playing for about a month now and i feel like i'm starting to get the hang of it. however there's a few details about game mechanics that i haven't seen explained anywhere, could anyone enlighten me?

- does the concept of item rarity apply to currency and crafting stuff? will a large amount of item rarity give me a higher chance of getting a jeweller's orb instead of an alteration? will item level? same thing for armor scraps vs. gemcutters prisms.
basically, do i want to roll arcanist and artisan strongboxes for quantity, quality or chest level?

- regarding the level of summoned spectres. i understand that spectres don't get the affixes from magic/rare corpses, but do they get their level potential? magic mobs get +1 level, rares get +2 (or do they?). when i raise a blue corpse in a lv 65 zone and move to lv 66, will my spectre be 65 or 66?

- flasks with "+100% recovery when on low life" and minion heal. are those separate low life triggers, or does only my life count? if i'm at low life but my minions are not, will they heal for more? what if it's the other way around?

- damage conversion. i found a ring called pyre that converts all ice damage to fire. at what point does that happen? base damage, after all modifiers, or somewhere in between? basically, if i want to use cold spells to do fire damage with this ring, do i want to get extra cold damage or extra fire damage?

- i found a shield called thousand teeth temu which reflects damage on block. i thought about using it together with necromantic aegis, but will that reflect damage be subjected to modifiers from minion damage and/or melee physical damage? will it get "on hit" benefits like flat damage or triggers?
- No, item rarity just moves the chance slider normal-magic-rare-unique a bit to the right. For artisan's chest I'd go for quantity, the other two do nothing.

- No, raising magic or rare enemies is exactly the same as raising a normal enemy.

- As far as I know it works just like triggering two independent flasks at the same time, one on you and one, less effective on your minions. So to recover more life to a minion the minion has to be on low life.

- Conversion happens on base level, you get a portion of your base damage which has both damage properties and is affected by both types of mods. So for cold/fire it doesn't matter which nodes you take, cold, fire or elemental, they all work the same. Conversion just expands the range of modifiers that affect a chunk of damage.

- No, if item is the source of damage it can't be scaled in any way, neither you or your minion are the sources.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 7, 2014, 5:25:38 AM
alright, thanks for the quick reply ;)
Instead creating new thread I'll ask my random question here.

Where my rampage league stash items will go after league closes ? I've only found in wiki that rampage league characters will be standard after close.
they will move to standard league and become "remove-only" tabs
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
crappuccino wrote:
does the concept of item rarity apply to currency and crafting stuff?
No. Currenty items do not have a rarity to increase (the rarities are normal/magic/rare/unique).

"
crappuccino wrote:
regarding the level of summoned spectres. i understand that spectres don't get the affixes from magic/rare corpses, but do they get their level potential? magic mobs get +1 level, rares get +2 (or do they?).
They do not - they can drop items of +1/+2 levels, they themselves are not a higher level.

"
crappuccino wrote:
flasks with "+100% recovery when on low life" and minion heal. are those separate low life triggers, or does only my life count? if i'm at low life but my minions are not, will they heal for more? what if it's the other way around?
The healing on minions is entirely based on how much the flask heals you. You need to be on low life for the extra recovery to be in effect, at which point that higher amount is the on that has a % applied to your minions.

"
crappuccino wrote:
damage conversion. i found a ring called pyre that converts all ice damage to fire. at what point does that happen? base damage, after all modifiers, or somewhere in between? basically, if i want to use cold spells to do fire damage with this ring, do i want to get extra cold damage or extra fire damage?
Either. Converted damage is affected by modifiers to either the type converted to, or the type converted from.

"
crappuccino wrote:
i found a shield called thousand teeth temu which reflects damage on block. i thought about using it together with necromantic aegis, but will that reflect damage be subjected to modifiers from minion damage and/or melee physical damage? will it get "on hit" benefits like flat damage or triggers?
No, reflect does not benefit from such things.
Great, just the man we were waiting for :)

If it isn't too much trouble, Mark, could you take a peek at this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1044222
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
looks like Mark wants us to figure it out ourselves :)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info