Bear Trap Avatar of Fire Elemental Proliferation with 100% chance to ignite

bump

any1 tested this guide? seems really interesting
Even without Pyre ring, if you one shot a mob, the ignite doesnt apply, and so proliferate, even if the corpse is still there... am I missing something ?
"
twiztedmind wrote:
Even without Pyre ring, if you one shot a mob, the ignite doesnt apply, and so proliferate, even if the corpse is still there... am I missing something ?

Heya! i made a very similar Bear trap avatar of fire prolif build aswell, a few weeks ago.

Pyre will explode and remove the proliferation of the corpse. the corpse (unexploded) will still burn after dying and aoe the ground around it.

source: got a level 83 bear trap avatar of fire witch :)
What is your opinion on Gang's Momentum boots?
IGN: ACertainOkuu
If I were running this build, I'd probably drop Avatar of Fire and add Pyre and Hrimsorrow. But it's a cool build for sure.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
The pyre ring will slow the clear speed: it's important to keep the dead corpse who proliferate.

I made the same version of this build in CI and i now use Gang's Momentum boots instead of the Mokou's Embrace. It works very well and i feel a lot safer than the life version even if i loose some dps (currently lvl 84 in beyond). I will add it to this guide soon.
Last edited by Pahanlaatuinen on Oct 25, 2014, 1:33:33 PM
how much damage does the trap? how much does the burning?
Cloak of Defiance would be really good here as you often kite enemy until they die of burning damage. This build can be hard to level but I find burning arrow/explosive arrow to be the power house in the early-mid levels as they really benefit from the nodes picks. I go straight for burning/ignite chance toward avatar of fire. I then proceed to pick up some life/mana nodes at this point. Also don't forget clever construction as it help counter aoe damage.
I am awoo.
"
Durgeoble wrote:
how much damage does the trap? how much does the burning?

Fire trap 20lvl: 380-571 hit damage, 295.9 ignite damage.

Bear trap 20lvl: 1298–1818 hit damage.

Bear trap (AoF): 649-909 hit damage. (Only 181 ignite damage?)

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite
I thought about a pretty similar build just now and I would use:

to get 75% conversion and a nice increase in base damage as well as in burning damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info