Bear Trap Avatar of Fire Elemental Proliferation with 100% chance to ignite

Hello Guys and welcome to my Bear Trap Avatar of fire 100 % chance to ignite proliferation.

I made this video in order to show you the clear speed on map and how the build works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXs4O08M9Hw&feature=youtu.be
I had the gems lvl 17 and a bad stuff that's why i had only 3k5 hp

What is the idea of this build ?
We want to use a single target trap which has amazing base physical damage and convert all of them into fire damage. Then we want this single target to burn without crit : we have to reach around 100% chance to ignite. And now we will use Elemental proliferation to have an big AoE with insane burning damage.

Playstyle:

You curse, you throw your trap and everything is dying. You are very mobile, you run all the time and can easly dodge every projectile.
With 169% increased maximum Life, Artic Armour and an high mobility this build is HC viable and can do a lot of map mods without problems.

Required Gear:

This build is not expansive but there is some special things you absolutely need :
20% Quality Increased Burning Damage : add 10% chance to ignite
Mokou's Embrace : add 10% chance to ignite (Cloak of Flame is another option but i dislike the lost of defense from a low lvl chest)

For the rest you will have to find a good compromise between ES and Armor

Chance to Ignite calcul :
chance to ignite : +44% -----------------> 44%
increase burning damage quality : +10% --> 54%
flammability : +14% ---------------------> 68%
Mokou's Embrace: +10% -----------------> 78%
Passive skill nodes: +20% ----------------> 98%

95% is enough to work very well

Skills setup:

5L : Bear Trap // Chance to Ignite // Elemental Proliferation // Increased Burning Damage 20Q // Added Fire Damage
If you can't have a 5L you can play it on a 4L without Added Fire Damage but you will loose lot's of damage. Empower or fire pen for a 6L

4L : Flame Surge // Faster Casting // Concentrated Effect // Fire Penetration
This is usefull against high life rare or unique

4L : Cast When Damage Taken // Enduring Cry // Immortal Call // Increased Duration Classic defensive setup, needed in HC

4L : Reduced mana // Clarity // Hatred // Herald of Ash This add an huge amount of damage

Curse: Flammability (you can also play dual curse Flammability + Vulnerability and take Whispers of Doom)
Others : Arctic Armour (The level will depend of your mana sustain)

Passive skill : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2VUth4iaVFr-w2KSx5Y6dY13yDkge8Ld144R2grTRyAw2PZ2qbIxirLTF2-dwUbMDMhhTMXZvfrDYVBGWBx6VLvDVSVF_xn5ZoqPB84Ie2wuVIC0fTLOXlVJTPV-X9G0ZCPTAVLzqakMEB-vkXyqD21XGOlismPFsIbA095eFLpQ22EkbKo3sVffXm6GPRqcI2t2drhJpGGUXHHF5GmwWbySqNunjavrSZp6vjcAakFWnhBo47Dg62E3YjHaePIFvBLPwH6IAFE0=

Bandits: normal: oak // cruel: oak // merciless: skill point

Levelling guide : I don't recommand you to level up with this build until you reach more than 85% of chance to ignite. Until that you can play fire trap+flame surge+searing bond which is a good compromise. You can also play both Mokou's Embrace and Cloack of Flame at the beginning

Others possibility:

You can play double curse Flammability + Vulnerability
If you feel confident about your tankiness can play with a searing touch
You can also play with a Cloack of Flame + Rise of the Phoenix

Last edited by Pahanlaatuinen on Sep 6, 2014, 5:23:31 PM
that looks really cool!

thanks for posting.

Looks nice, are you playing beyond ?
Last edited by Vrall on Sep 7, 2014, 12:07:55 PM
How are you converting 100% of the dmg? I see the Avatar of Fire but how are you converting the remaining 50%?

EDIT: Or are you just using 50% of the bear traps dmg because it has high base dmg anyway?

Trying to understand your build. Seems rather interesting.
Last edited by Vandenreich on Sep 7, 2014, 3:05:50 PM
I was playing in beyond but i died on a really deadly thing (fracture devourer... )

I convert 50% of phys damage on fire + 40% with add fire damage + 36/2 = 18% from hatred + 15 % from herald of ash.
The base damage are huge so every consersion will give lot's of dps
"
I was playing in beyond but i died on a really deadly thing (fracture devourer... )

I convert 50% of phys damage on fire + 40% with add fire damage + 36/2 = 18% from hatred + 15 % from herald of ash.
The base damage are huge so every consersion will give lot's of dps

Ever considered using this too?

more burn, 100% of hatred converted (maybe even 150%, dunno how it work with aof)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Yeah i already considering this but if you one shot the 1st target with the bear trap, the proliferation will stop because the body will be detroy. I tryed it a bit and it was really annoying on white mobs :/
I tried this before with blackgleam quiver and a deaths harp, for the extra fire damage and crit. You can also get some bonus damage from cold to fire (assuming youre running hatred).

With a different tree you can use a similar setup and 3 dragons for some pretty lengthy shock durations.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Last edited by p0t on Sep 9, 2014, 8:41:33 PM
"
I tried this before with blackgleam quiver and a deaths harp, for the extra fire damage and crit.

This is a good idea but you loose some defense from the shield. I prefer using a Chernobog's Pillar to convert 25% more phys to fire.

"
You can also get some bonus damage from cold to fire (assuming youre running hatred).

You NEED Bear Trap, Chance to Ignite, Elemental Proliferation, Increased Burning Damage 20Q to make the build work, then i think the best 5th link is add fire damage. For a 6th i'm pretty sure that cold to fire wouldnt be as good as empower or fire penetration
Last edited by Pahanlaatuinen on Sep 10, 2014, 3:16:25 PM
bump for interest. Currently leveling this to see how it pans out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info