[1.2] Immolation Charger - burn proliferation crit Shield Charge Templar

"
Solens wrote:
I've actually been theory-crafting a very similar build to yours, except I went with a dagger Shadow instead.

I did that build, pretty much. With Binos. It works, the damage is kinda bonkers, and so is the binos regen (I've seen over 7k life per second regen on my character sheet). Up to mid-maps, I could turn off HoA and still take down entire packs with one hit just from poison spreading (again, Binos).

However, in the end, I scrapped that build pretty fast. As much as I like the idea of shield charge, its just too much of a PITA to use long term. It's desync party all the time, you get stuck on everything, it misses way too much, etc. Just not an enjoyable playstyle that gets really frustrating/annoying if you start putting hours into it, IMO.

I stalled on some very high health blue packs in high maps (golems in Shrine) and some of the high map bosses were a huge pain to do (mostly add-less Shrine Piety being one of the worst offenders). Survivability was decent, unless I missed too many times in a row, which as mentioned above happens way too much. Reflect was not a problem with a bit of care, I did manage to oneshot myself a few times - which is pretty amazing from a single target hit - but it was when consciously trying to or being really careless.

I'm proud I made the build that got hotfix nerfed by 80% in under a week :
Kamikaze Clones /1204796 (LL Mirror Arrow Instability Prolif)
Perhaps one possible way to somewhat mitigate the chance of missing mobs is to use immobilisation?

Possible gem combos include Bear Trap + Increased Duration or Vaal Rain of Arrows + Increased Duration (+ Faster Attacks + Increased AOE) on swap.

Of course, there really isn't much we can do about desync or tripping though, so there's still that.
Last edited by Solens on Sep 29, 2014, 9:12:04 PM
Immobilisation with beartrap is not really worth it, too much of a hassle.

"

I stalled on some very high health blue packs in high maps (golems in Shrine) and some of the high map bosses were a huge pain to do (mostly add-less Shrine Piety being one of the worst offenders). Survivability was decent, unless I missed too many times in a row, which as mentioned above happens way too much. Reflect was not a problem with a bit of care, I did manage to oneshot myself a few times - which is pretty amazing from a single target hit - but it was when consciously trying to or being really careless.

If we drop the shield charge, the next skill that will deliver the highest single hit damage should be Dual Strike, and it is perfect to use with daggers.
Basically you use a high damage Demon dagger in one hand (need damage, not dps, so Ambusher is much worse), and use Bino's in the other.

There is already a build that uses this concept:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1052860/page/1

Being on the right side of the tree also gives opportunity to build around evasion/dodge/ondar.

So if you have Bino's I recommend checking it out.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Hello Araycan,

found this thread/build by using the search. I have been searching for information about Shield Charge and your build write up helped me quite a bit.

Your tree for 1.3 will change a lot i believe.

With 1.3 changes, block got a big hit, but now Shield Charge can be used without a weapon, so this change got me curious about maybe using Facebreaker's Glove in conjunction with Shield Charge to burn prolif. mobs down.

That change plus the new burn/shock/freeze chances in the tree, near templar start, could make such a build work wonderfully, since Facebreaker hits hard . . .

My only worry is the survivability of such build (due block chance nerf) . . .

I have thou a question, maybe you can answer. I just need to hit HARD, have a bit of fire damage and burn chance, right?

How much of that hit is fire damage does not matter, right? (as long i have atleast 1 fire damage)
Or is it the burn damage based off the fire damage i have? (If this is right, then i should go with with Avatar of Fire, right? So that i can convert the huge Phys i have with Facebreaker to Fire?)

Thank you and take care!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info