BringYourFriends Incinerate Defensive Discharger Block Build, Cast On Stun

Here is the link to pathofpoe.com for a detailed explanation of the build.

http://pathofpoe.com/builds/view/bringyourfriends-incinerate-defensive-discharger-b/

And the link below is just a direct link to the build itself just to have it there.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMC_gVbBukHpQhnDY0OSBEPES0TnhSwFVAV5xZAFy8YPBzcHoEi9CdhJ6ko-ilPLJwsvy1HLdIy0TWANok62EVHRtdHBkmyS41MLU99T69QMFBCUWBV1lcrXcZd8l8qX2pgbWTnZp5nvWwLbRlzs3RVfIN9U35ZfuJ_xoBWgKSCEIIegseFfYhCi4yMNo_6kzqiLqSRpLGnCKmVrJi0xbUEtoa4k70nvYLBxc360NDa3dte2-fd89-E34rfsOFz5CLljukC6-Tr7uwY7DjtIPBr87706fno-tL-s_8c

Let me know what you guys think in the video provided in the top link. Enjoy. :)

BringYourFriends

I will also just post the info directly here as well in case some of you are too lazy to click on the link above.

About the build -

This build takes advantage of the skills Incinerate and incorporates it with Romiras Banquet, therefore giving you unlimited power charges since Incinerate is unable to crit, "Except for critical weakness, just for reference since using that would be completely counter productive" ever. Therefore whenever you use incinerate you have a 100% chance of getting max power charges at all times. The build also takes advantage of cast on stun for the discharge, and being cast on stun it was a necessity to invest as many points into my build as block as it was to invest as many points into mana regen to fuel incinerates demanding cost. Also it must be noted that using voll's devotion is a keystone to this build, because the power charges in which you expel from cold snap & discharge becomes free endurance charges in which get used for discharge and immortal call, therefore the mechanics of this build self sustains itself for offensive and defensive purposes at the same time. Also going Chaos Inoculation and ghost reaver are also a must for several reasons in which I will explain below.

The reason you go chaos inoculation is because of the chance of being stunned is greater if you do not stack health, When an attack is blocked, the game also calculates if the attack would have caused a stun were it not blocked. If it would have caused a stun, the blocking animation is played, stunning you briefly. And since you purposely don't stack health, you get stunned more often because the chance to stun is based off the damage done in a single hit compared to the target's maximum life. Therefore you're taking the draw backs of being stunned and you're turning it into more damage output while taking no damage when you are currently stunned from blocking.

And obviously the reason you go ghost reaver is because you're leeching everything you do to convert back to your shield, from incinerate, to discharge, everything. Also it should be noted I also use a totem with this build for merely extra damage when I need it "which is rarely". Since I'm running the three dragons helm and running the trait static blows, I'm perma shocking enemies via incinerate. Which gives me the charges, and since I'm running artic breath on my totem, the 6 power charges increases the chance of the totem to crit the enemy & being ignited for even more damage, same for discharge taking advantage of the increased crit from the power charges. You could even possibly alter this build to try and stack crit in some way since it does not impact incinerate, however I'm level 89 so there wouldn't be too much breathing room for stacking crit with the final points I would get from leveling.

This is where cast on stun comes into play, and it is heavily taken advantage of because there is no damage drawbacks. So with my build and current setup when you are stunned you cast the following

-Cold snap -Molten Shell -Discharge -Enduring Cry -Immortal Call

Auras
Disipline
Clarity

Skills
4L: Incinerate - Life Leech - Lesser Multiple - Spell Echo
5L: Incinerate - Life Leech - Lesser Multiple - Spell Echo - Faster Casting
6L: Incinerate - Life Leech - Lesser Multiple - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - faster Projectiles

Complete Gem Setup
Headpiece - Cast When Stunned - Life Leech - Discharge - Molten Shell

Weapon - Tempest Shield - Life Leech - Blood Rage

Shield - Clarity - Discipline - Reduced Mana

Gloves - Cast When Stunned - Immortal Call - Life Leech - Enduring Cry

Boots - Spell Totem - Artic Breath - Lesser Mutliple - Fast Cast

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. Let me know you comments either on the video link provided or in the comment section below. Good luck and have fun.

BringYourFriends
Last edited by BringYourFriends on Sep 8, 2014, 4:39:34 AM
bump
bump
bump
bumping for feedback
Last edited by BringYourFriends on Sep 10, 2014, 3:10:29 PM
bumping for feedback
Wow, I really like the idea for this build, really creative. I might try this after I get tired of my current lightning witch.
Looks promising. Will try this build tomorrow.
I did a combination of this build and another (which used block/armor/aegis shield for defence). I wanted hardcore defence, which this provides, but it's lacking a bit offensively - 6 link would help :)

I took the idea of generating charges with romiras and abusing cast on stun. Then I added block+spell block and furthermore use grace+iron reflexes and aegis aurora (High armor + block with aegis regens my ES)... Maybe overkill defensively, because it hurts my offence. It has a lot of potential, but I still feel a lifebased incinerate could be even better.
I tried necropolis boss and it was no problem, but granted it shines against cold based bosses.
It's a solo char. In groups it kinda sucks as damage is subpar.

gear
Spoiler

+ romiras

tree
Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAAx4HYwkhDY0OSA-rEQ8RLxFQFSAV1xa_Fy8ZihqPGyUc3B0UHU8egR9BH8ci6iL0J6kppSpNKworDSt4LJwsvyzpLR8tRy2LNblCS0cGS41LrkyzTipPfVAwUEJRTFFgUg1TNVXWVmNbr1v3XGtd8l8qX2pjQ2TnbAttGXRVfVt-4n_GgFaApIIQhEiFxYaujDaPRpuhm7WiLqcrqZWsR6yYtMW298HFwzrDbcpKy73ZW9o9217b590N34rfsN--5oHpAvLh9tr31_rS-wn_HA==

Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
is it okay to use vaal pact here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info