Hit Slow, Hit Hard: Tornado Power Siphon Slinger

Current Level 90 Shadow Tree

September 9, 2014: 5100 Discipline, 26,000 Power Siphon Damage. I have a ways to go in min-maxing my character.
Spoiler
-To do list: keep leveling and throw GCP's on ICD gem, WED, Greater Multiple Proj, Power Siphon, Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice

September 8, 2014: Decided to use Vaal Discipline + Vaal Discipline + Increased Duration

September 7, 2014 : [Solved] looking for ideas from the community about a R-B-B gem setup for Havoc Weaver shield. Thank you

September 6, 2014
Spoiler

Spoiler

I know, Shav's is boring...sorry

August 31, 2014
Spoiler

The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Sep 20, 2014, 12:41:13 AM
Might want to throw some armour scraps on that shield, bud.
@UnfairMonopoly
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:
Might want to throw some armour scraps on that shield, bud.

Good idea :)
Spoiler
As an explanation, I put this character together this week consolidating gear from my Hardcore and Standard league stashes. I am ironing out the wrinkles still.
Last edited by Daresso on Sep 3, 2014, 4:24:38 PM
How do you like the character? I tried out a CoE low life wander (with Piscator's, because I didn't have a phys wand even half as good as that beast you have) and didn't care much for the play-style. Probably a lot better with those god gloves, I'd imagine.

Actually still haven't found a build that uses a Shav's that I like the survivability of in HC.
@UnfairMonopoly
"
ZiggySobotka wrote:
How do you like the character? I tried out a CoE low life wander (with Piscator's, because I didn't have a phys wand even half as good as that beast you have) and didn't care much for the play-style. Probably a lot better with those god gloves, I'd imagine.

Actually still haven't found a build that uses a Shav's that I like the survivability of in HC.

What did you not care for in the play style?

My experience is as follows:
Spoiler
Pros:
Clear speed is intense. I one shot packs, and only sometimes need a second volley to kill a pack. It's quite a bit of fun doing this much DPS.
No trouble to reflect
Runs 8 Auras

Cons:
Single target DPS and leech is unsteady.
if Power charges drop then DPS dramatically decreases
Expensive
It probably was more related to the inconsistency of the damage/leech. Power charges drop and suddenly both became very inconsistent. It's very nice when you one shot screens of mobs, but when you don't, it starts to feel a bit dangerous. I also think I've been spoiled by playing much tankier characters, and didn't adjust well to the change.

I can see why other people would enjoy it though.
@UnfairMonopoly
@zig, I hear you. Anyways, I upgraded my ring slots today.

"
those rings are waaaaaaaaaay better then the old ones good job on finding them

Thanks, Alex :blush:
bump
06/09/14 upgraded:
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info