Beta Invite Timer Gadget [v1.2]

Hey,

just wanted to share this little desktop gadget:

Download (Windows 7)

It's minimalistic in design and function ;) It shows the current timer and provides links to the profiles of the last and current lucky user and the PoE website. It may be off some seconds / minutes, but that's not a big deal within ~25min. Also I tested this under Windows 7, Vista users are free to post if it works there too.

And just to be safe: You are using this at your own risk, neither me nor GGG will take any responsibility for any damage caused, though I can assure you it's just a bit of HTML and Javascript (you can check it yourself, the .gadget is just a .zip).

Changelog
v1.2 - configurable scale (suggested by Erchi)
v1.1 - configurable colors (suggested by 72egwt)
v1.0 - first release

A note to developers:
You are free to use this as a base for derivative work. If you modified the widget to something more useful, you are welcome to send me patches (preferably via PM) so I can update this thread. Also if you got any gadgets with similar functionality I'd like your link / thread so I can add alternatives for non Windows 7 users :)
A more important note:
Before posting your own work on the PoE forums, check the Terms of Use, especially 5. (Restrictions). Present your work to GGG beforehand. Make sure your tool doesn't impact the site performance negatively (e.g. my gadget only polls the timer service on startup and when the timer runs out or else every 60 seconds on error)!

Enjoy!
Last edited by Qarl on Jan 25, 2013, 4:36:12 AM
Last bumped on Jan 6, 2017, 7:26:35 PM
very nice Im on windows 7 works just fine
ALMIGHTY KEYSUS GRANTED ME ACCESS 10/11 WOOT!! BTW FEMALE!! Just Saying!! Lets Do This <3
Thank you for feeding my addiction
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
you dont happen to have one that has my name on it do u? =P
Timer seems off by a bit, but still a nice alternative to having a browser window open.
"
aKaDeMiKz wrote:
you dont happen to have one that has my name on it do u? =P

I can give you one with an indefinite timer and your name stuck on next, if that helps :P

"
BlizMare wrote:
Timer seems off by a bit, but still a nice alternative to having a browser window open.

Yeah that's because it only fetches the timer once every round. It doesn't sync regularly like the timer on the website, but it's acceptable, I think (less stress on the site).
nice gadget!
"
Thank you for feeding my addiction

This :P
That guy who joined in 9 October and got in beta in 11 october.

nice, now i can watch even more closely that im not gonna get a key anytime soon :>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info