Is it harder to 5l a 5s than a 6s?

Does anyone have any quotes from devs or other reputable sources?
It is harder to 5L a 5S because on a 5S you have to hit the 5L roll on the first socket, while on 6S you can hit the 5L roll on 1st or 2nd socket.
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431
It isn't any harder for vorici to do it though.
There is no proof but it is a common observation. I can always get 5L with about 100 jewellers on a 6S but 5S my friends normally took about 1000 fusings. That is for those stupid enough to try.
"
Alea wrote:
"
candoerfer wrote:
It is harder to 5L a 5S because on a 5S you have to hit the 5L roll on the first socket, while on 6S you can hit the 5L roll on 1st or 2nd socket.

you got proof of your story or nada ?

easy math and common poe knowledge
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Sep 3, 2014, 1:54:57 AM
"
Alea wrote:

Yes I got a proof. It is called personal experience. But I dont bother sharing it because you may argue with the RNG is RNG thingy. Common sense and a little math will give you a hint.
nvm
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 3, 2014, 3:07:28 AM
GGG already confirmed that, it's easier on 6S.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Alea wrote:
"
"
Alea wrote:

Yes I got a proof. It is called personal experience. But I dont bother sharing it because you may argue with the RNG is RNG thingy. Common sense and a little math will give you a hint.

odds to make 3L + 2L in a 5 sockets ?

imo you have nothing to share d-_-b

Proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination
Once again, a 6 socket item can 5 link in two directions while a 5 socket item can 5 link only in one. Using common sense and basic math and logic , the probability of getting a 5 link in a 6 socketed item should be ( and it is from my experience and many other players aswell ) higher than getting a 5 link out of 5 sockets. In addition you can "accidently" 6 link your going for 5 links. Happened to me when I was trying to fuse my 6S Quill Rains for a 5L.
If you want exact numbers and chance % noone can give you that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info