Am I able to skin transfer a sword onto a mace?

I have a 2 handed mace, but I really prefer the look of a sword.

I'm just wondering, what would happen if I skin transferred either a 1 handed or a 2 handed sword onto a 2 handed mace?

If it works, I would probably buy some skin transfers.
you cant.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/913599 <--- mirror Thread
Not even a 2 handed sword onto a 2 handed mace?
No. A sword is not a mace, whether one- or two-handed.
(also of note: a sceptre is not a mace)
So to get it straight, it has to be a 2 handed mace onto a 2 handed mace?

That's kind of rigid isn't it?
"
Hayrich wrote:
So to get it straight, it has to be a 2 handed mace onto a 2 handed mace?

That's kind of rigid isn't it?

Yes, and yes =(

Would love to be able to use any skin on any item. Maybe someday.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
It has to do with the way the weapon attack animations are formed.
"
AlfaTangOh wrote:
It has to do with the way the weapon attack animations are formed.

1h mace <-> sceptre should be OK then, as they can use exactly the same attacks. Come to think of it, so can staff and 2h mace.

Sword <-> mace is never going to be possible though, as long as there is the chance that you will use a skill that doesn't have animations for the skin you are using (e.g. Cleave or Sweep).
"
Incompetent wrote:
...1h mace <-> sceptre should be OK then, as they can use exactly the same attacks. Come to think of it, so can staff and 2h mace.

Sword <-> mace is never going to be possible though, as long as there is the chance that you will use a skill that doesn't have animations for the skin you are using (e.g. Cleave or Sweep).

I've looked closely and I feel the character chokes up higher on the handle of a sceptre, as compared to the mace.

Also, I think the swinging attack of the staff is at a different angle than the 2H mace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info