Portal Scroll on Hotkey

Edit: After some new information about shift and currency items, Only the portal part remains.

TL:DR - Portal Scrolls used with a hotkey, example 'T', for town.
- - - - Wisdom Scrolls used with a hotkey, example 'Y', because it's close to 'T'.

Suggestion:
To have a hot-key for portal and wisdom scrolls.

Current Mechanic:
Open Inventory,
- Right Click a portal scroll to open a portal.

Open Inventory,
- Right Click a wisdom scroll, to attach it to your mouse, then left click an unidentified item to identify it.

Explanation of new Mechanic:
Suppose T and Y were used for Portal and Wisdom Scrolls. (These keys could be changed by players like any other hot-key currently in-game.)

- Push T instead of Right Clicking a portal scroll to open a portal. (This hot-key can be used without inventory being open.)

- Open inventory,
- Push Y, instead of Right Clicking, to attach a wisdom scroll to your mouse then left click an unidentified item to identify it. (This would allow players to quickly identify items without having to move their mouse back and forth quickly and constantly.)

Reasons for new Mechanic:
For items like Wisdom Scrolls and Portal Scrolls that are used by every player, multiple times a day, the mechanics should be quicker to avoid frustrations.

Portal Scrolls:
Many times if a player joins your party, or a player dies in your party, they will ask to have a portal opened. Also many times, when said player asks for a portal, you may be fighting a large group of mobs, a boss, or a particularly hard rare/magic mob, and cannot open your inventory, use a portal scroll, close inventory, and still be alive. You also cannot continue to attack mobs while you are doing this!
With the new mechanic you could simply push 'T' or another button of your choice to have a portal scroll used instantly to create a portal. This would solve the hassle above.

Wisdom Scrolls:
Many times when you have a full inventory of unidentified items you will have to quickly cast your mouse back and forth from either the left or right side of your inventory (depending on where you have placed your wisdom scrolls) to identify each item. Undoubtedly we have all come across the same problem. While doing this quickly, one of two things happen. Either you miss the wisdom scroll and end up moving the item you wished to identify onto your mouse, or the right click mechanic on the wisdom scroll fails (for whatever reason) and the item you wished to identify attaches to your mouse.
With the new mechanic you would simply press 'Y' or another button of your choice then left click an unidentified item to identify it, assuming you had wisdom scrolls in your inventory to use.

Reasons not to have the new mechanic:
Portal Scrolls: This would be used to escape dangerous situations more quickly.
- This is a downside and an upside depending on who views this. However you must remember that when using a portal scroll you are still in that area until you load the new area. For many players this is usually between 1-5 seconds. Players can still easily die from hostile mobs within that time frame and shouldn't be used as an escape route to town.

Wisdom Scrolls: This would make identifying unidentified items quicker and easier.
- Once again this is a downside and an upside depending on who views this. By allowing players to identify items more quickly, more 'currency' is introduced to the player market. However I believe that the annoyance of dragging your mouse back and forth constantly to identify items is a reasonable problem within the game which should be addressed.

Closing Statements:
As many players are used to the current system I feel it should still stay within the game, but the new features should also be added to add additional functionality to a long standing, artificial problem. There is no problem other then usability to the current system, and I feel this would be a tiny yet satisfying update for many players.

Regards,

Xikini

Xikini's simple loot filter.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1741538
Last edited by Xikini on Sep 2, 2014, 11:27:29 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Selfless self bump.
Peoples opinions are always welcome.
^
Would be handy, especially with wisdom scrolls.

Similarly, you could have a hotkey for currency that is used to improve quality, as it's a bit tedious to repeatedly click on the stack of whetstones etc, then on the item. It could be the same hotkey for all quality currencies, automatically using the appropriate kind (e.g. baubles on flasks, chisels on maps and so on).
"
Incompetent wrote:
Would be handy, especially with wisdom scrolls.

Similarly, you could have a hotkey for currency that is used to improve quality, as it's a bit tedious to repeatedly click on the stack of whetstones etc, then on the item. It could be the same hotkey for all quality currencies, automatically using the appropriate kind (e.g. baubles on flasks, chisels on maps and so on).

I think it would be hard to 'choose the right currency'.
Maybe it could be a hotkey that repeats last currency used.
If no currency was used within the past minute, default to wisdom scrolls again.

Regards,

Xikini
Last edited by Xikini on Sep 1, 2014, 9:43:13 PM
^
You can right click on a wisdom scroll and hold shift, it allows you to identifies items without going back and forth.... I assume you guys don't know this?

Works for other currency item too
"
AgentTrack wrote:
You can right click on a wisdom scroll and hold shift, it allows you to identifies items without going back and forth.... I assume you guys don't know this?

Works for other currency item too

Definitely did not know this! Guess every time I used shift I left clicked to unstack the objects. Seriously, your a life saver.

Regards,

Xikini

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info