Build Feedback: Dual-Claw Scion

So! I'm a newbie, had some success using builds put together by other people for my first two characters... and so now I'm tryin' out building my own passive tree, and am well aware that I have no real idea what I'm doing! So I'm hoping to get some advice on how to clean up the mess this passive tree no doubt is!

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAOyi-vAOW9MazP4Lkbj1FCk9WkBFgQzXWHt-Kr4MJMZ5KyG-eplfKSvGzTePDOktX_o-btUsKwOM1kiLqqTS18ti9IQPo1rEwYQapbt_vS8SbJusUzeoFtbUIt9kqOCjbZfEyAY2_wuzUI3GhHcrQCbIZUUfd57TFMHFqlc96MHwb9hX93aiaF2HrfyuDvYo4S3iSgHpT1opkrzpCRfRvVw==

That's the passive tree as it looks after 80 points spent. General idea is a dual-wield claw build, using Life and Evasion, (As well as Acrobatics, and the Life Leech that claws are good at) to stay alive. Damage-wise, my idea is using Dual-Strike as my primary offensive skill, supported by Melee Splash to be able to handle groups, and Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, and, depending on whether the physical mana leech from the tree can sustain me or not, Mana Leech or Faster Attacks. Probably running Hatred and Grace with Reduced Mana as auras.

Bandits will take Oak on Normal and Cruel, and the passive point on Merciless.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Dsarvess on Sep 1, 2014, 4:00:15 PM
You spend points on nodes that are too inefficient for your build. 8% phys will not give that much to your DPS. Not enough life. I'll also argue that the dualwield block from dualist area is worth getting.

My suggestion:
"
Chiliconkarma wrote:
You spend points on nodes that are too inefficient for your build. 8% phys will not give that much to your DPS. Not enough life. I'll also argue that the dualwield block from dualist area is worth getting.

My suggestion:

Hmm. I'm not entirely sure that I understand how that build has increased efficiency. If I spend 17 more points as such, so that our builds have comparable points spent:

Then the relevant total stats are as follows:
+131 Life, 133% increased life, +53 Evasion, 160% increased evasion, 22% chance to block
67% Increased Attack Speed, 324% increased damage, +420 accuracy, 68% increased accuracy

Compared to your build, which gives:
+116 Life, 129% Increased Life, +103 Evasion, 162% increased evasion, 51% chance to block
55% increased attack speed, 278% increased damage, +540 accuracy, 28% increased accuracy

I can see that your build does have certain advantages over mine: the chance to block and higher evasion. However, you say that my build has not enough life... while it has more than yours? And the offensive stats on my build are universally superior. Is there something I'm missing here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info