The new beyond rare archer that uses tornado shot feels somewhat unbalanced

First there are two type of beyond archers/demons that look almost the same. One that uses barrage and that ice version of storm call, and the new one that uses tornado shot.

The first time i got to them was yesterday when I was hit from one shoot for more than 3k and almost riped. But i though it must be a crit or similar. But after doing docks, they again one hit removed more than 70% of my heath (if two or all 3 of them hit me at the same time i would be dead). Compared to all other beyond mobs that spawn they do huge amount of dmg, and that is coming from a skill that they can spam and has no warning like some prepare animation/charge attack or mark on the ground like other skills. I think they should get another balance pass.

Suggestion:
-make the monster look different compared to the other demon archer
-keep the dmg, but implement a charging animation or mark on a ground that will give us some time to move away from the attack (similar to that ice version of storm call)
-or simply lower the dmg and make it more similar to other beyond monsters

Last edited by Ragnar119 on Sep 1, 2014, 2:26:29 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Ye, these guys come out of the blue and stomp way harder than the others. Been down to 1.5k hp at occasion, which isn't very common for me atm.

I'd also love it if the beyonders were not all red? In some fugly red, at that. When you do cold-damage it looks as if they're covered in a jumpsuit or bodysock made out of fishscales
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
I'd love it if some of the Beyonders didn't go

RAHGU RAGHU RAHGU RAGHU RAHGU RAGHU RAHGU RAGHU RAHGU RAGHU

non-fucking-stop as long as they're alive. That'd be great.

Nerf worst damn sound in the damn game, please.

As for the archers, there's a ton of content in the game that certain builds have a lot of trouble with. Usually it's map bosses, reflect, or certain Nemesis mods. In Beyond, they just made some of this content magical mobs that you see constantly. Hardcore.

I haven't had trouble with any Beyond mobs while running evasion builds with Ondar's Guile. Maybe the archers are balanced around evading 95% of their shots?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info