10 October 0.9.3 Progress Update

Hi guys!

This is just a quick note on the progress of the 0.9.3 patch. Things are going great - at this stage we expect it to be up on the Alpha realm before the end of the workweek. Once on the Alpha realm, it'll be around one week of testing before it's deployed to the Beta realm. We can't commit to exact dates yet because it's crucial for us to get this major patch right. Hurrying last minute changes will be much worse than waiting a few extra days.

We can go into a little more detail about a few pieces of extra content in 0.9.3 (other than the huge amount of rebalancing mentioned in the recent dev diary).

So far, there are two extra world areas in early Act One (both are side areas). These will be made a little more challenging than normal areas to provide optional harder content for new players.

We have seven new active skills currently working, and will enable more as they become available (even if that's a few days after the patch is deployed). Included in this set of skills are ones code-named "Heavy Strike", "Conversion Strike", "Fire Storm", "Immortal Call" and a few currently secret ones.

We currently have nine new support gems scheduled for the first release of 0.9.3. Three of these affect your minion skills!

I'll post more updates as we get closer to deploying (including hopefully some screenshot/video previews of new skills). Thanks for being so patient!

Edit: Just as a reminder - we will scale up the size of the beta once this patch is released.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 23, 2011, 8:39:38 PM
Great update, thanks. Quality before quantity.
Very cool, thanks.
oh hey
Amazing work guys!
....._______
..../...........\
...|.............|_____...._........…
...|......o................V..VVVVV..\
...|.............________________/
....\_______/

KEYSUS
While I secretly was hoping to see the Alpha up today, I appreciate that you are working hard on getting it right.

I could not be more excited about the patch than I already am ^^. New side areas and new skills (minions and fire? ^^) would make me play another fire witch I think...

Well, maybe I have enough time to get my second char into the top 20 before the Alpha comes up and I forget all about my chars. It will be hard though..

Oh, and I hope that "Conversion Strike" converts the non-believing mobs to believe in Keysus. This way they can find salvation when they are ultimately slain.
Last edited by Starcraft42 on Oct 9, 2011, 10:22:45 PM
Oooh fire storm... I cant wait!
IGN: eNtaK
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/SihteGaming
Path of Exile New Player Area Guide Video Playlist: http://bit.ly/13BcvFr
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Sihtegaming
Very keen to see what you guys will put out, haven't been disappointed yet :P
Dedicated Kiwi~
Last edited by RenoFox on Oct 9, 2011, 10:36:05 PM
Can't wait! Especially to hear about the new support gems.
I just realized that, if the patch comes out on Friday, it will be on my 42nd day of playing/streaming this game.

Keysus works in mysterious ways!
Praise Keysus!
Last edited by Starcraft42 on Oct 9, 2011, 11:11:14 PM
Good work :)

thx for keeping us updated
Last edited by rostan on Oct 9, 2011, 11:20:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info