Can't make 5 or 6 sockets on my mace... what is the problem?

I have this mace which I was trying to create 6 sockets on. The max I got was 4. The item level is 73, so I was wondering why I never saw 5 or 6 sockets despite trying over 20 times. Are 5 and 6 sockets very rare in occurrence to create?

Does character level matter? My character isn't that high level.

20 times????

20 times is nothing xD
... and this is not a joke.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Ok I understand, so 20 times is low. So what you're saying is I am able to 6 socket this weapon, but 5 or 6 sockets is a very low occurrence?
I do not know what is the average, but you can have 6S whith 1 jeweller or you can spend more than 700 and not get it.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
average amount of jewellers required for 6s is around ~100. and if you want 6l then be ready to spend like ~1k fuses. these are rough estimates ofc, there is no credible source for these numbers. sometimes poeple get 6l after using like 5 fuses sometimes 3k isnt enough
"Individuation ends when emptiness and form become one" Carl Gustav Jung
"
dealer13 wrote:
average amount of jewellers required for 6s is around ~100. and if you want 6l then be ready to spend like ~1k fuses. these are rough estimates ofc, there is no credible source for these numbers. sometimes poeple get 6l after using like 5 fuses sometimes 3k isnt enough

Average is actually around 250
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
dealer13 wrote:

Chris has confirmed the numbers already, in a redit post a couple of weeks ago from memory.

At work so I don't have time to find the post, sorry!

@ OP - Keep going my friend. It can take a while and to answer your question, 20 is a low number like others have said.

Nice mace btw!!
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Last edited by Zanixx on Sep 1, 2014, 11:50:42 AM
"
Zanixx wrote:

Chris has confirmed the numbers already, in a redit post a couple of weeks ago from memory.

he mentioned 1,5k fuses in a post when the fm expansion was discussed. can't find any info about the average amount of jewelers to 6 socket but it should be the same amount which masters want to 6 socket your weapon.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Just keep in mind that the numbers he gives are averages. Meaning you can spend well over that amount and still not get 6L
EDIT: Realized I missed the bit where it says the item level is 73. I feel dumb. Feel free to ignore this post.

"
Hayrich wrote:
I have this mace which I was trying to create 6 sockets on. The max I got was 4. The item level is 73, so I was wondering why I never saw 5 or 6 sockets despite trying over 20 times. Are 5 and 6 sockets very rare in occurrence to create?

Does character level matter? My character isn't that high level.

Your character level doesn't matter, but that is a clue that your ITEM LEVEL is too low.

No, I don't mean the required level required to wield a piece of equipment. There is a somewhat hidden stat called Item Level that determines several factors like which mods can possibly spawn on it when you enchant it with currency items (including sockets).

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_level

As quoted in the link above, the required item level needed for a 5 slot is 35. A 6 socket item will need an item level of 50.

Thus, it'll be pretty much impossible to get a 6 socket item before late Cruel mode, and you'd be hard pressed to find any 5 socket items before entering Cruel. Since item level is largely determined by the level of the monster that dropped it, which is determined by the difficulty level of the map it is found in (there is a monster level bonus for rares and unique monsters), if your character level is low, then you probably got that mace from a low level monster and thus its item level is low. (Ignoring other possibilities like you getting the item in a trade.)

You can check your item level by the following means (Directly quoted from the link above):
- Lift the item onto the cursor, and type the /itemlevel command into the chat box, while the item is held on the cursor. The item level will be reported in chat.
- With the trade screen open, hold down the ALT key while hovering over an item in the trade panel. The item level will be shown near the mouse cursor.
- Hover with the mouse over an item linked in chat, and press CTRL+C. This will copy the complete item information to your clipboard, including item level.

If your item is of the appropriate level though, then you're just suffering bad luck. You might want to consider leveling up Vorici, the master who offers support in manipulating sockets in an item.

Last edited by RTresserhorn on Sep 1, 2014, 4:39:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info