1.2 freezes

So since 1.2 launched occasionally the game will just freeze, It doesnt crash the screen just freezes. Although my computer is kinda shitty and needs upgrading I am 100% sure it is not due to my computer. I have seen the exact same thing on some stream highlights and some of my friends have been experiencing it as well. GGG if you read this are you aware of the bug and are you working to fix it if so please do it soon it is very risky as a hardcore player to have to have the risk of desync which i can do something about but then also something that is completely out of my control.
Hi BiggestE,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this, I know how frustrating game freezes can be. Please make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date, then it might be worth running a Pack Checkto check your game files.

Otherwise it would be good to try turning down your graphics settings in-game, and toggling VSync and Post Processing to see if that helps at all. Let us know if you still have trouble and we'll try assist further.
Has any exile really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Just died to this. I have a high end computer also with SSD (it's obviously not drivers since I just fresh installed everything this past week, 2 occurrence on my other machine and died on this brand new one) happened 3 times already since 1.2 No issues before this patch(totally random locations; grotto, imperial gardens and just died in colonnade )Several friends have this randomly occur also. The poe game itself freezes, I could still move my mouse but alt+f4 had no effect. After approx 5-7 seconds it closed but that's way too much time to be floating in game obviously.
i'm having freezes continuously.
In my case they are caused by an audio issue that cuts out the background music and restart it.
with --nosound the problem is solved but i hate to play without sounds.
i have a xonar d1 , driver updated for audio and video , tried a lot of workarounds with no effect (i know --nosound it's a workaround but still i'd rather not play without it).
Last edited by Radament1979 on Sep 9, 2014, 7:53:46 AM
"
Radament1979 wrote:
In my case they are caused by an audio issue that cuts out the background music and restart it.
i have a xonar d1 , driver updated for audio and video , tried a lot of workarounds with no effect (i know --nosound it's a workaround but still i'd rather not play without it).

1) you should create your own thread here. These threads are like support tickets and we like to keep them limited to the original poster and the original issue. Just because you get "freezes" as well does not mean your issue is at all related to the OPs.

2) Does it work if you use -swa instead of --nosound? (post in your own thread if you still need help)
"
Drakier wrote:
"
Radament1979 wrote:

1) you should create your own thread here. These threads are like support tickets and we like to keep them limited to the original poster and the original issue. Just because you get "freezes" as well does not mean your issue is at all related to the OPs.

2) Does it work if you use -swa instead of --nosound? (post in your own thread if you still need help)

sorry , i already made a thread (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/992379)about my problem but i thougt this was correlated to mine.
anyway, no -swa do nothing on my part , the only solution for me was -ns , changed audio driver like 10 times but none did the trick.

you suggested to buy an ssd or do the ramdisk thing but iìm waiting to have some money atm so i'm still living with those freezes :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info