Suddenly unable to connect to patching server

I've tried restarting computer, flushdns, restart router, changing from pathofexile.exe to client.exe, adding "--patching-server pathofexile.com:3724" to the end of target in properties, running as admin.

The game just suddenly stopped loading yesterday (the patcher). I was in game fine beforehand and manually exited to restart (oh god the regret).

Any ideas?

I have a temp workaround by using Pingzapper to somehow reroute the connection and login.
Let me know where toe WinMTR and tracert please.
Last edited by Syncness on Sep 1, 2014, 4:35:54 AM
bump
Sounds like you have something blocking on the network preventing you from properly accessing the servers.

Make sure you've disabled all antivirus/firewall/security software, and if you're on a network managed by someone else (like a corporate/campus network) then you'll likely have to get the netadmin involved to get it working right.

Yeah I figured. I think it might be an Optus DNS issue, but I need the address of the cdn to test.
Last edited by Syncness on Sep 3, 2014, 2:03:30 AM
the name is "patchcdn.pathofexile.com".

If you think it's a DNS issue, why not set your DNS to use something more reliable... like Google OpenDNS?

Just set primary to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4

Then you shouldn't have any issues accessing the right server at the right name.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info