[Beyond lvl 88] Soul Mantle dual EK Shattering Totems - Video added

Theory Craft
The theory is to create the strongest possible spell caster. This can only be done with soul mantle due to triple dip resulting in 300% efficiency use of criticals and cast speed. Soul Mantle gives you a 7L and saves you from going to the Templar nodes for ancestral bond and instead take critical and spell damage nodes. On top of that, it still allows you to damage through your own spells such as lightning ball to further enhance totem damage with 50% chance to shock.

Herald of ice is used very effectively as it quadruple dips with your 2 ek totems, lightning ball and tempest shield. It devastates small packs with the shatter explosion and further enhances freeze duration. You can freeze lock map bosses like shrine piety in a 3 man party and all exiles. For this build all you need is a 4l soul mantle, it's a very affordable highest spell damage build.

As the saying goes, Offense is the best defense. The more damage you stack the more you freeze.

Softcore version: Take less block and life nodes and stack crit and cast speed.

Video lvl 79 Vaal temple map with physical and endurance mods
http://youtu.be/QRUrr-3qvs8

Damage and stats Screenshot outdated
23k Tooltip single totem at 5 Link lvl 19 EK, not counting shock, lightning ball and double curse.

Gear and gems setup Note I am retiring this character and selling gear, I did not die!

Skill Tree

leveling
This build is best started from ranger tree or witch tree, switch to soul mantle as you reach lvl 49 and have warding flasks ready. Level with EK and lightning ball.

Bandits
1. Help Oak
2. Help oak
3. Help Allira

Dealing with curses
Use a slow mana flask like

while you are casting, it lasts over 10 seconds and recharges quite fast due to level.
It's best to to roll: Surgeon's flask of warding to recharge flasks as you crit. However I spent a few hundreds of alteration without luck and gave up. This is my flask setup:

Gameplay
Use frenzy GMP curse on hit to apply a curse while gathering 4 frenzy charges for a free 20% cast speed.

Add curse on hit on lightning ball only if you have a +1 additional curse on an amulet. Otherwise use lightning penetration and blind on the lightning ball.

Myths and Misconceptions
Soul mantle is no where near as suicidal as it sounds, as you can see I've reached lvl 87 on the beyond league with it. Here are the facts:

1. trade off in power and defense is immense, this is easily the strongest spell casting build in the game if I had a 6link which would equate to a 7 link. Add dual void battery and the damage is capped!

2. Dodge and spell block are entropy base defenses which spread damage over time, you will never get bursted down if you allowed yourself to be cursed with a deadly curse while being hit with a deadly spell or attack. Because the damage is spread out between hits you would hav time to use curse remove flask and recover.

3. Freezing with totems is due to the huge crit multiplier, with added cold you have 60% chance to freeze. Offense makes the best defense.

4. Curses have been reduced in duration and effectiveness, and your totems will tank for you while you are casting from distance so you are rather untouchable most of the time.

5. Being cursed and hit doesn't one shot you, ever been cursed by a necromancer? This time you have 4 warding flasks ready.

Comparison with a 6l Shavronne's wrappings dual totems

Shavronne's:
1. 30% more damage on lowlife
2. an extra aura
3. Nodes spent traveling to Ancestral bond
4. Cannot use health potions, cannot leech
5. Energy shield, require high ES Gear
6. Vulnerable to degeneration from chaos and fire

Soul Mantle:
1. 50% More damage from shock
2. 7 Link chest
3. Nodes spent on Critical nodes and spell damage
4. Can use health flasks, leech and have curse immunity from 4 flasks.
5. Acrobatics and spell dodge

I think it's clear who the winner here is! Vote it for the build of the week!

Last edited by klerace on Sep 8, 2014, 10:27:39 AM
I want to see this destroy shavs in potential dps. Bump
@Waggypants
"
klerace wrote:

2. Dodge and spell block are entropy base defenses which spread damage over time, you will never get bursted down if you allowed yourself to be cursed with a deadly curse while being hit with a deadly spell or attack. Because the damage is spread out between hits you would hav time to use curse remove flask and recover.

This is incorrect. Any form either dodge or block is completely random. You could get hit with 5 EKs in a row, despite having capped block and as much spell dodge as possible.

The only entropy-based mechanic is evasion, meaning that if you have 20% chance to evade, and you evade one attack, the next 4 will hit you.
Submitted for build of the week
What happened to the video?
You do realize there is already a BOTW Dual Totem EK Right. GGG will never post something that has the same build strategy. Even if your play style is different, your still using dual totem.
PLEASE GGG I WANT MY GUILD WAR!
What would you prioritize if you had a 4 link only soulmantle? EK-Added fire-FC-Inc crit dmg?

Also what gear would you prioritize after soul mantle?
I thought u quitted? Poe always lures players back heh.

Looks like a cheaper variant of unhost glass cannon totem ek build, except u have to deal with the annoying curse and completely hide behind totems/teammates with such paltry shaky defense. Nevertheless it looks great.
"
sebeke wrote:
What would you prioritize if you had a 4 link only soulmantle? EK-Added fire-FC-Inc crit dmg?

Also what gear would you prioritize after soul mantle?

Ek, Addedfire, Faster casting, Crit multiplier

Get atziri step
What's this video dude :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info