[1.2] (WIP) Genji's Crit Pierce Ice Shot with Herald of Ash + Proliferation

This is a Work In Progress, any missing content should be added in sometime during this week.

This is my Ice Shot build. I wanted to make a build that has a quick clear speed, could do most content, and doesn't require too much gear to utilize.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Pros:
Great clear speed.
Perfectly usable with just a 4-link for Ice Shot, 5/6 link not required but really nice. :D
Only requires 2 somewhat cheap Uniques when switching over to the build (Infractem and The Three Dragons, paid 5c for both, something you should have around level 53).

SoSos:
Elemental Reflect on mobs can be pretty annoying and possibly kill you but can be solved by playing around it with Puncture.
Physical Reflect doesn't hit as hard but can still be pretty annoying to deal with.

Cons:
Elemental Reflect maps are bad news. Split Arrow can be substituted for Ice Shot and Life Gain on Hit for Weapon Elemental Damage but you'll lose a ton of damage. Otherwise just don't run them unless you've upgraded your Infractem to a better Bow and have access to leech.
Relatively low HP compared to other build. (Just don't get hit! Gotta go fast!)
Leveling
Level as Freezing Pulse. Freezing Pulse + LMP is all you need for damage. Get/make a +1 Cold wand as soon as you can. Grab Burning Arrow and Split Arrow from Ranger to level them and try them out later on. Buy gems around the level you need them to level those gems.
Gem Links
The links are in order of my importance. By all means change it up based on your needs (Low attack speed? Add Faster Attacks sooner!)

Ice Shot: Added Fire Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Faster Attacks + Increased Critical Damage

Pretty straight forward, damage damage damage.

Puncture: Physical Projectile Attack Damage + Faster Attacks + Increased Critical Damage + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased Duration

I want Puncture to be as purely Physical as possible (I used to have Added Fire Damage on here but changed it).

Herald of Ash: Elemental Proliferation + Increased Burning Damage + Increased Area of Effect

Idea here is to Proliferate the crazy burns off of white mobs through overkill damage. This is a way to deal with pesky rares and boss. All you do is drag them to a pack and shoot.

Vaal Haste: Increased Duration + Faster Casting

Vaal Haste is really good for this as you can practically chain it over and over as you nuke mobs.

Cast When Damage Taken: Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

This might not be needed as you won't be close enough to most enemies to even get hit for Enduring Cry to trigger. Might mess around with other things. A curse CWDT (One of the Marks or Vulnerability) might be better in this slot.
Current Gear
This is not my finalized gear. Ignore the gems/links as these are not complete and I might just be leveling random gems
Videos
Add Videos.
Last edited by genjiarmorxii on Sep 3, 2014, 4:50:21 PM
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1020396/page/1

This build was already covered.
"
elboyo wrote:
This build was already covered.

Does that even matter? People post similar builds all the time. Get used to it.
Last edited by genjiarmorxii on Sep 3, 2014, 3:42:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info