Running 2x60% and 1x40% auras?

Hi I am running hatred60%, grace60% and vitality40% auras. I am using Alphas howl for the 8% reserve. I am trying to run the 3 auras without using any tree points for mana reserve nodes. My question is if I have reduced mana level 21 and alpha howls... will it be possible to run the 3 auras without the one 4% reduced mana node that i have to get right now??

I don't want to spend the money on a 21 reduced mana gem if its not going to work. Any suggestions welcome thanks.
Total mana reserved = 60+60+40= 160 %
1.6 x lvl 21 reduced mana (0.7) = 112%
1.12 x .92 (alphas howl) = 103.04%, rounds up to 104%. No, it won't work :U
IGN: Flickerdart
That's unfortunate.. so many nodes would be saved if i didn't need that 1 4% reserve node :( thx for the quick response.
I was trying to run vitality as my 3rd aura. To get to the mana reserve node it costs 4 points. I might as well just get 3 of the 0.6% life regen nodes instead because level 21 vitality with alpha howl level up = 1.8% life regen.... they equal to same amount and its less points to just get 3 of those regen nodes. guess that works.
"
D1Gz wrote:
I was trying to run vitality as my 3rd aura. To get to the mana reserve node it costs 4 points. I might as well just get 3 of the 0.6% life regen nodes instead because level 21 vitality with alpha howl level up = 1.8% life regen.... they equal to same amount and its less points to just get 3 of those regen nodes. guess that works.

You forget about inner force nodes. Inner force for sure applies to auras, which can have a big effect. It might be worth it for some auras, but personally I've never thought Vitality was that strong for how much mana is reserved.
Stormcalling 24/7.
where is inner force? i didnt know about these. never mind i just found it in tree. i will look into it thanks
Last edited by D1Gz on Sep 3, 2014, 12:04:05 AM
"
"
D1Gz wrote:

You forget about inner force nodes. Inner force for sure applies to auras, which can have a big effect. It might be worth it for some auras, but personally I've never thought Vitality was that strong for how much mana is reserved.

The problem with alot of auras right now is that they are balanced for aura builds in mind.
the actual pool of good auras outside of aura node spamage is small. (probably half actually)

take haste , 16% attack speed is 4 nodes for 60% mana reserved , it is completely worthless
vitality is 1.65% life regen .. 2 -3 regen nodes worth .. and regen nodes kind of suck right now too.

even with aura nodes vitality will only get around 2.25 % life regen.... and haste will barely get to 24% attack speed.

then you look at hatred which can get 50% increased cold damage.
or purity of elements giving 30% resist all

or wrath /anger

or grace giving the defensive equivalent of a top tier armor piece.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 3, 2014, 8:53:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info