Game causing internet to reset on my computer

Having some odd trouble . . .

As of last night around 10:30pm eastern i began to have what i originally thought were random disconnects while playing POE. Due to how often they were occurring and the time of night i just assumed they were caused by my ISP(Comcast) doing some sort of random maintenance and called it a night , expecting it would be resolved by the next day. This morning i woke and spent several hours browsing and taking care of work before i tried to play. When i did i began to experience the same disconnects again and realized something must be wrong.

The disconnects i'm describing aren't just your normal loss of connection to the game servers either. Whatever bug i'm experiencing actually seems to cut off my internet for a few seconds (about 3 to 5) and then it quickly reconnects. This either causes serious rubberbanding or an "unexpected disconnection"

-It happens just about every time i try to log in and the same goes for selecting a character

-I can sit in town and chat or navigate menus and i'm fine but the moment i try to move i lose my internet for the 3 - 5 seconds i mentioned before

-It occurs almost every time i switch zones or use a waypoint

Someone please tell me i'm not the only one . . . .

Same issue
I have a modem with a built in router but bought a better quality router. If your setup is like that make sure your modem is bridged. I had this same issue and noticed I had never bridged my modem after buying a new router. it fixed the issue instantly. PoE would get the "unexpected disconnection" and my net would cut out and reconnect until I changed that NAT setting in my modem. Only do this if you have a separate router and do not use the modem's built-in router.
try this, open a command prompt and type netsh winsock reset catalog

Then ctrl-alt-delete and end (by right-clicking on it) the process Explorer.

Then, thru the ctrl-alt-delete window, hit File > New Task (Run), and type Explorer.

See if this allows you to stay connected for a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info