Suggested HP for Blood Magic

I was considering to take the Blood Magic node to help my shockwave totems out with a few auras.

How much % HP should I take (or how much total HP should I have) in order to have a comfortable time using Blood Magic?

Assuming I'm using this right (and that its calculations are correct), using Reduced Mana-Generosity-Haste-Hatred and Reduced Mana-Generosity-Anger-Wrath with 34% reduced Mana Reserved would reserve 44% of my health.

Though along the paths I have taken there's plenty of HP nodes to go around. Considering using either full Armor, Armor/ES, or full ES armors, though not sure which to go for.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you're going for Mortal Conviction, I would focus on getting more ES rather than life, as most of your life will be reserved. A low life build is probably the most efficient approach. Chaos damage could be a problem though if you don't have a Shavronne's or Solaris Lorica.

Don't use Generosity if you are trying to boost your totems. Totems use your stats to fire skills, not their own.
Last edited by Incompetent on Aug 31, 2014, 10:06:13 AM
Forgetting that Anger and Wrath can't apply to the totems since it only adds to ATTACKS, but I'd probably keep the question the same as it can apply to Summoners too

Instead, I could still possibly go Determination and Discipline for my own protection and continue using Armor/Energy Shield equipment, or just stick with less auras until I could get some sort of low life enabling equip. Hatred and Haste should be effective.

Would Haste work double time if I get the effect of Haste and then the totem does?

I don't think Wrath can apply here as my own +Cold Weapon Damage would not pass onto the totems, so this would be ok for Generosity.

Other than that, I appreciate your insight. Thanks.

Also noticed this is in the wrong forum, but I suppose I can't do anything about that :p

Again, also noticed that Solaris Lorica seems to be pretty cheap, so I might be able to get one.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Aug 31, 2014, 1:35:30 PM
Totems do not use tehir own stats, and do not benefit form auras.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
My totem is currently getting the cold buff through Hatred. If its gaining the Hatred Aura through me, then I suppose Generosity will not benefit in any way.

So it will, as Incompetent said, will only count the aura buffs on me to alter those totems and therefore Generosity has no effect.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by darkwolf7786 on Aug 31, 2014, 3:45:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info