Spectre leveling system

Does anyone have any recent/official links/responses regarding Spectre's leveling system. From what I have been reading they down level if you go into a lower level zone (and possibly go up again if you return to the previous higher level zone) - while at the same time the Spectre's level is capped on the body of the corpse level?

Did some searches but looking for more recent/official responses.
"There is only one god and his name is Death. Do you know what we say to Death? ...Not today."

-Syrio Forel
You have two numbers. First number is level of zone spectre was raised in and second is current zone level. Your current spectre level is lower one from those two numbers.
"
phoenix4dota wrote:
You have two numbers. First number is level of zone spectre was raised in and second is current zone level. Your current spectre level is lower one from those two numbers.

That's how corpses work for slain enemies, but I don't think that's complete due to the corpse level of the Desecrate skill. I expect it works thusly:

Using a level 20 Desecrate

Create level 100 corpse in 66 zone. Spectre is 66.
Go to level 52 zone. Spectre is 52.
Go to level 78 zone. Spectre is 78.

Using a level 1 Desecrate

Create level 22 corpse in 66 zone. Spectre is 22.
Go to level 52 zone. Spectre is 22.
Go to level 10 zone. Spectre is 10.

Would really love some confirmation from GGG on this.

Thats exactly how desecrate works, there is confirmation somewhere on the skill feedback forum (at the desecrate skill feedback thread, obviously).

I personally never heard that the spectre will downlevel if you go to lower zones, but it didnt work like that before (spectre stayed the same level it was at time of creation no matter where you went).
The specters do downlevel when in lower zones.
"
Taganov wrote:
"
phoenix4dota wrote:

That's how corpses work for slain enemies, but I don't think that's complete due to the corpse level of the Desecrate skill. I expect it works thusly:

Using a level 20 Desecrate

Create level 100 corpse in 66 zone. Spectre is 66.
Go to level 78 zone. Spectre is 78.

Using a level 1 Desecrate

Create level 22 corpse in 66 zone. Spectre is 22.
Go to level 52 zone. Spectre is 22.
Go to level 10 zone. Spectre is 10.

Would really love some confirmation from GGG on this.

See this dev post:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/784330/page/5#p7063348

The correct way it works is this:

Using a level 20 Desecrate creates up to level 100 corpses.

Corpses crated in a 66 zone are actually level 66 though. Spectre is 66 as well.
Go to level 78 zone. Spectre is 66.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Aug 31, 2014, 12:21:42 PM
"
Mokihiki wrote:

See this dev post:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/784330/page/5#p7063348

The correct way it works is this:

Using a level 20 Desecrate creates up to level 100 corpses.

Corpses crated in a 66 zone are actually level 66 though. Spectre is 66 as well.
Go to level 78 zone. Spectre is 66.

Thanks Mokihiki. I think I need to start leveling a desecrate gem as a backup option for Spectre's in case mine get wiped out :P
"There is only one god and his name is Death. Do you know what we say to Death? ...Not today."

-Syrio Forel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info