Sudden 1fps then crash

Nothing like this happend until the Expansion.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
crash to? desk top or login screen?
If desktop, error messages either from the pop up that should be sitting there or from the event viewer
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Crashing to the desktop, sometimes i can see my fps slowly decreasing to 1 then i got the crash, rarely i got a mass of error messages too.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
you get a mass of error messages?, if you can next time it pops up take a screen capture and post it or jot down exactly what they say....this should also be in the windows event viewer.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Ok i've analized this event, i can reproduct this now any time. This is a very old bug in the game that causing this, however it wasn't fatal until this point, but some skills made it worse, in this case: Ball Lightning

The problem is, if you play with other people you often see casted spells all around the map if the other player is too far from you and you want to catch up with him. In this case you'll see incoming projectiles from offsceen, crit ticking mob corpses.

Imagine this with Ball Lightning, the game somehow stores all hits when you're offscreen (that thing hits every 200ms, its crazy amount of hits stored) and then it loads it all at once while you running around, the effect is not even visible most of the time, you only see your fps starts to drop, then reaching zero and your game crashes.

Summary: it only happens when other players in your party using fast hitting skills (Ball Lightning, maybe Incinerate?) offscreen.

Please GGG optimize this somehow, it's a very old bug in your game, i've seen this in CB too...
Bump
Bump
I just experienced this earlier today.

Had someone using LMP Ball Lightning with pretty high cast speed. Move off-screen for awhile and I notice my FPS dropping. Pressed F1 and literally watched my FPS drop to single digits, eventually 1 then I crash into the login screen with a unexpected disconnection thing.
"
Summary: it only happens when other players in your party using fast hitting skills (Ball Lightning, maybe Incinerate?) offscreen.

having the same problem (ball lightning). when only a few balls have been cast, I can slowly crawl to the places where they were cast and fps is recovering. If too many are cast, I "crash" to log-in screen.

I hope this problem can be solved, I don't want to upgrade my PC because of this.
Last edited by urutzu on Sep 7, 2014, 2:37:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info