Choosing a CoC build

Thanks everybody who replied, but you mainley argued and didn't acctually give me an answer :S

Natharias your build is nice but it seems very fragile, the exact problem i have with all the cheap CoC builds. can you elaborate on it more?

I would really appreciate a link to a build that answers my problems, You don't have to write everything anew.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
"
starRising wrote:
I could never get cyclone, Whirling Blades, nor flicker strike working because of Desync, how do you deal with this with Cyclone. I still use Spectral Throw.

I guess it's how you use it.

If you click and hold an enemy, it'll cast and eventually desync like a bitch. There's no avoiding it. There are some enemies that move, probably because their AI tells them that you are on top of them and they can't have that. I don't know. Very few enemies just stand still and you won't desync. Statues are the worst about moving, since they just won't stop.

Use controlled bursts. The moment you end do another, and then another, and make sure that there aren't any obstacles in your way.

I don't know what else to tell you.

"
Zulach wrote:
Thanks everybody who replied, but you mainley argued and didn't acctually give me an answer :S

Natharias your build is nice but it seems very fragile, the exact problem i have with all the cheap CoC builds. can you elaborate on it more?

I would really appreciate a link to a build that answers my problems, You don't have to write everything anew.
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

On the contrary, it's very survivable. As I said, it only has trouble with hard hitting bosses and very large packs of ranged monsters, like spellcasters.

Most of the time, I use one Cyclone and the screen is clear. Sometimes I need to do four or five and then my screen is clear. But so far it has a faster clear speed than any of my other builds. The only exception is my now 27k Cybil's Incinerate against rares and bosses. If you're interested in that, the build's entire gear is under 5 ex worth.

The main reason I have trouble is because I don't have my Ruby, Topaz, and Sapphire flasks setup. I want the recharge on crit and anti-effect based on the flask used. For instance, Ruby would remove burning, Sapphire would remove chill/freeze, and Topaz shocked. I've burned countless Alterations trying to get those exact mods on them. If I had those, only the hardest hitting bosses would be problematic.
Natharias I just don't understand what did you put in your Geoffrie's Crest.

bullsonparade Do you have a link to such a build or can you elaborate more - post a tree and gear?

Thanks in advance :)
I'm having fun with Tornado shot + GMP + Fork + CoC + Arctic Breath + Fireball.
"
Zulach wrote:

bullsonparade Do you have a link to such a build or can you elaborate more - post a tree and gear?

Tabula Rasa: The Heart
Cyclone for numerous attacks. Performs the same with one enemy as it would a mob.

Life Gain on Hit due to no inherent leech and that I'm relying on a CWDT/CWS setup to get leech. This would be replaced by either a Life Leech, Increased Critical Damage, or another spell.

Cast on Crit. Self-explanatory.

Arc. Increases damage of all other spells and the negligible attack damage.

Firestorm. Fairly good damage and doesn't require supports like Fireball needs GMP. This benefits greatly from being cast multiple times from something like CoC. Best chance of igniting targets overall.

Flame Surge. This is augmented by both Arc's shock and Firestorm igniting enemies, since it cannot ignite but gets 50% more damage against burning enemies.

With this setup, enemies take greatly enhanced damage and it leaves almost no room for reflect. The only source of worry are Arc and Flame Surge, and with 53% spell block it's never a problem.

Geofri's Crest: Auras
Reduced Mana. Self-explanatory.

Clarity. MoM and need mana regeneration.

Besides this, I've only fit a few auras and Herald of Ice as I've been experimenting. I'm currently using Herald of Ice and Purity of Elements. You can really use any setup you want, and Discipline is a must-have if you use Mind Over Matter.

Herald of Ice is nice since it adds flat cold damage to spells, and with crit multiplier it can chill/freeze enemies and thereby increase your survivability. When used with something like Firestorm, you can deal a lot more damage over a very short period of time.

Gloves: Asenath's Gentle Touch or good rare
Asenath's is good since it auto-curses with a level 1 Temp Chains whenever you hit. This is especially powerful since it causes effects to decay 50% slower than before. This is best when used with GMP and Arctic Breath to freeze enemies. Whatever doesn't die immediately is frozen until you do kill it.

A good rare can instead be used for life, mana, mana regen, intelligence, and other important rolls.

I commonly put CWDT (level 1), CWS, Immortal Call (level 3, required level 30), and Increased Duration.

So far I've had a good experience from a low level IC. It doesn't provide very long immunity but against rapid hits in a short time it always works. I avoid stun avoidance and immunity since I use Cyclone.

Rainbowstride
Spell block. Most important attribute.

I use CWDT (again level 1), CWS, Bone/Flesh Offering, Enduring Cry, and I never worry about necromancers reviving enemies and occasionally get e-charges.

Weapon/shield
CWDT level 1, CWS, and Warlord's Mark (level 5). If I ever take damage or are stunned, it gives a free 5% life leech and 4% mana leech. This is essentially two free support gems on all attacks and spells without trying. Probably a build enabling proc setup.

Thanks Natharias!
I still have two questions: What did you do about the bandits, and what is the reason you don't use maligaro's virtuosity\rat's nest or both?

EDIT: And why perandus???
Last edited by Zulach on Aug 30, 2014, 12:14:30 PM
"
Zulach wrote:
Thanks Natharias!
I still have two questions: What did you do about the bandits, and what is the reason you don't use maligaro's virtuosity\rat's nest or both?

EDIT: And why perandus???

With five p-charges, I have about a 60% chance to crit. I use Romira's Banquet since I don't have a six-link Voll's Protector and don't want to use PCoC as a gem.

Voll's Protector also reduces mana greatly, by a total of 50%. So I might not use it and stick with Romira's.

Geofri's also gives resistances and +1 to gem levels, and that can be powerful. Rat's Nest gives some crit chance, but is not required. You can easily get crit rings, amulet, and use Maligaro's to get 70-85% crit chance.

However Maligaro's doesn't allow life, resistance, intelligence, or any other important rolls. I value life and mana over crit chance, since I already have fairly good crit chance.

As to bandits, I helped Oak in normal for +40 life, and then the skill point in cruel, and then helped Alira for the p-charge in merciless.

Edit:

Look at the Perandus Signet in the wiki.

I'm using MoM, so I need mana and mana regeneration. Perandus Signet gives that.

I'm leveling, so the 3% xp boost per ring is nice. With Chitus' Apex, I have 11% xp gain.

It also causes enemies to have a 3% additional chance to drop Scrolls of Wisdom. This makes farming Catacombs/Dominus an effective way to get Wisdoms to trade for chaos. I'm busy trading them for chaos and IDing every magic and rare item I find and am running a surplus.

It is also possible to use them in a "unique" build that I had an idea for. The build would use all unique items, giving them a total intelligence increase of 60%. Each ring gives 3% increased intelligence per unique item equipped, and since you have 10 slots it boosts intelligence by 60%. That's a 60% increase to the bonus to ES that intelligence gives, and that means more hit points for ES builds.
Last edited by Natharias on Aug 30, 2014, 2:16:09 PM
"
Zulach wrote:

Sorry for the belated response. Here's my gear and tree. Plays much more "bursty" than other CoC builds, almost like a discharger without need of charges.

Gear:
Spoiler

tree:
How about daggers ST ? cheapest build I can actually think of.

( all you need is diamond rings and a pair of ungils ). Oh and a 6L definitely helps but 5L is good enough. I solo 79 corrupt no problem and I'm not using a rats nest, or Maligaro's, etc.

ST--LMP--CoC--fireball-or-icespear--arc--lifeleech

You can do this with any character on right side of tree ( witch, ranger, shadow, scion ).

Skip phys nodes, and go crit crit crit in the tree. Easy peasy.

If you don't want to go max block with dual ungils, grab a shield and a decent crit dagger. It's stupid easy right now with all the added crit for daggers all over the place and even worse now that you can craft a crazy crit dagger with the masters.

Almost like they handed a new OP option to all of us on a silver platter. Expect a nerf
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info