Help!

Hi. I've started building a ligtning strike templar, but on out-of-date guide. When I spent over 30 skill points I've realised that the skill tree in guide is outdated. I know you think I'm stupid noob, and you're totally right. But please, help me rescue my character!

This is my skill tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAnEEswVbFE0W-RhdGjgabClPMolG103YV-JdxnflgW-ExIg4i4yMdpBVnYqdrp48ogCnhKlotQTAGuFz5CLsOO0g8B8=

This is yt guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivbaAbGUsD0

I'm afraid you can't save that build, it wasn't that amazing even back then when it could stack all those auras, stuff that enabled it is mostly gone.

That aside, although lightning strike is a decent enough skill, staff lightning striker isn't something I'd recommend to a new player, good attacker staves are extremely hard to come by and playing 2H builds is inherently harder due to low defenses. You'd probably do best to pick another build and start over.

If you're set on elemental fighter you can do molten strike, it's a strong skill and there are a lot of good builds for that, mostly for mara, duelist or shadow, depending if it's a crit build or not.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 29, 2014, 9:27:39 AM
Ok, thanks. So i must start over with marauder. Btw, are you suggesting templar is not good for beginners?
There isn't that much difference between classes, you can usually pull off a build with several classes without much hassle, the only difference is number of spent points and that difference is often very, very small.

But there's a huge amount of difference in builds, and staff lightning striker isn't really good as a starter, you can make those when you got a good choice of suitable gear in your stash. Just pick something else and you'll be fine.

When you narrow it down to a few builds that look interesting you can drop them here to get some opinions, some only look cheap and easy and some are nothing short of falsely advertised by their creators.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thank you for information. I will follow your guides ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info