I think Standard is more popular

I hear everyone plays ladder but in this unscientific study i just did - searching for 1.2 only unique on both rampage and standard I come up with way more in standard. which would mean more are playing standard.

example
rampage Pledge of Hands = 17
Standard Pledge of Hands = 52

Git R Dun!
Pledge of hands came in the onemonth. those pledge of hands are from the onemonth aswell.
Oo rampage is 9 days old pledge of hands is how old now 1 month 1,5 ?

love that logic
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 29, 2014, 6:32:55 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I hear everyone plays ladder but in this unscientific study i just did - searching for 1.2 only unique on both rampage and standard I come up with way more in standard. which would mean more are playing standard.

example
rampage Pledge of Hands = 17
Standard Pledge of Hands = 52

Right, because the two leagues have the same amount of time for players to gather Pledge of Hands.

Poorly thought out. Try harder. Next.

lol so much for that theory. so, any real numbers how many play what?
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
lol so much for that theory. so, any real numbers how many play what?

No. But you could compare some uniques that actually came with 1.2.0 like Gang's Momentum and you will see that there are way more of these on Rampage than on Standard despite the boots being somewhat high level and Standard having ridiculously equipped 500/200 MFers.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Even for items that were only added in 1.2, standard should have a lot more for another reason as well. Most uniques rare enough to be useful for checking this way would also be relatively high level. In the new leagues, people had to spend the first few days just getting to the point where they CAN drop in the first place. In Standard, the second the servers came back online, people were able to run out to high level maps and start farming. They also had much better gear than anyone has in the new leagues yet, therefore faster clear speeds.

In any case, any time GGG has released actual numbers on it, the players have been relatively evenly split between Standard and the temp softcore league. The temp hardcore league is probably somewhere around 10-20% and regular hardcore might be 2-3% if I remember right.
Why does anyone care about this?
The masters system makes the temporary leagues unattractive for me. I don't mind starting a new character every four months, but the masters grind is not something I'll do three times a year. But to get 5-6L without the extreme gambling frustration, this is required.

So for myself, Rampage is the last softcore league for me, I think. Next season I'll play in Beyond's successor, and after that I'll stick to the plain HC league.

The masters system isn't as "casual" as it was advertised.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info