stacking evasion

so im a bow user, using acrobatics.

as i picked acrobatics instead of getting armor items should i be aiming for evasion?

Thanks!
Yes! Go for Evasion + Grace Aura. If you can keep your Evasion at ~40%+, then taking Ondar's Guile will put you at 80%+ chance to Evade Projectiles. Usually I find this playstyle to require a decent amount of Movement Speed as well, to stay ahead of Leap Slammers and other fast melee mobs
"
Shmez wrote:
Yes! Go for Evasion + Grace Aura. If you can keep your Evasion at ~40%+, then taking Ondar's Guile will put you at 80%+ chance to Evade Projectiles. Usually I find this playstyle to require a decent amount of Movement Speed as well, to stay ahead of Leap Slammers and other fast melee mobs

^This, and if you can, without sacrificing too much DPS, you can get allocate to some avoid status ailments nodes, which can increase your survivability even more. Stuff like getting stunned, shocked, burned, and even chilled/frozen can be very annoying and dangerous for your build.

Also, make sure some of your flasks have "dispels bleeding" since those can eat away your HP like nothing if you lack armor and a lot of HP regen.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 29, 2014, 4:25:14 PM
.. and wait till EK from Vorici 'bodyguards' slaughter you.

evasion is ok vs projectiles and makes one feel VERY safe until one of the following happens:

- Vagan melee fight
- any physical spell (EK, bear trap, evangelists blast)
- lucky puncture
- 'accurate' mob/boss

these are not common but frequent enough to be a nasty surprise

arctic armor/flasks/lightning coil are pretty much mandatory now and then

have 50%+ evasion/dodge/spell dodge ranged archer and any of these mentioned means serious issues even with OP Block Flask and ranged spec
Not using Puncture with your archer then, Sid? Works wonderfully with a crit build. Vagan just evaporates.
"
sidtherat wrote:

- any physical spell (EK, bear trap, evangelists blast)

Evasion meets their Kryptonite. Honestly, I think GGG purposely did this so Evasion builds do not fall asleep playing because there is a lack of challenge or something. EK is a walking menace, bear trap can be avoided, but depending on the environment or if you are surrounded by mob, you might not see it, and evangelist blast is an AoE, so there is no mechanic to avoid them but to physically dodge them or endure it. Same goes with poison clouds.

Range evasion builds has some advantage by kiting a lot, and killing from off-screen. Melee evasion builds has to deal with everything straight on to make progress.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 29, 2014, 5:09:56 PM
"
HannibalK1ng wrote:
so im a bow user, using acrobatics.

as i picked acrobatics instead of getting armor items should i be aiming for evasion?

Thanks!

For the most part, yes. Evasion is your best source of mitigation, and you should get plenty of it. However, if you try to stack evasion really high, diminishing returns start to kick in. Look at Velkor's accuracy/evasion tables to see how much evasion you need for a given chance to evade:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArsB7KohOhhpdFJucWQyUGdOXy03cXIyMzBVZDRWZFE&usp=drive_web#gid=17

If you can reach about 10k Evasion, that will give you a good chance to evade most attacks. Beyond that, I'd say stacking Eva further is a luxury, and you should instead focus on mitigating the damage when you do get hit: Endurance Charges, bonuses to max resists if you can get them, Arctic Armour (toggle when you need it, you don't need to be able to run it full-time), even some Armour can be worthwhile (due to the Acrobatics penalty, you'll never have very much Armour, but you reach a point where even 100 Armour gives a greater benefit than 1k more Eva). Also, never neglect your life pool.

As the others say, there are certain sources of physical damage that are very dangerous on a low-Armour build, mainly Puncture and physical damage spells. You'll need to be ready with the life flasks if something goes wrong, including at least one flask of staunching.

"
Mivo wrote:
Not using Puncture with your archer then, Sid? Works wonderfully with a crit build. Vagan just evaporates.

With a physical crit build and those new Physical Damage nodes in the Shadow starting area, pretty much everything looks like it's swimming in a tank full of acid after a critical Puncture. It's just a matter of getting that one good hit in before the enemy gets the chance to hurt you.
Last edited by Incompetent on Aug 30, 2014, 12:34:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info