[1.2.0] Almost Full Uniques Confusing Pulse Witch!

Pros

• Somewhat set price, don't need to risk using currency on rares
  • Reflect is not a big issue, aswell as doing high damage
  • Confusing people in PvP

Cons

• Can get expensive, fast
  • Achieving 5 to 6 Links can get expensive
  • Cannot do some map mods (No Life / Mana regen & 50% Life / Mana Regen Rate)
  • Elemental Weakness can hurt

This build is not cheap, but it can work without having full uniques!

The Core items you will need to make this build work are...

Pyre

For survivability against reflect (as you will be running Artic Armour).

Three Dragons

Will allow you to Shock instead of igniting enemies with Freezing Pulse as the damage is converted to Fire.
Also allows you to Freeze when having Added Lightning Damage support gem linked to it.

New Set

Recently found a Kaom's Roots.

Old Set

Offense Screenshot

0 Power Charges

7 Power Charges

Defense Screenshot

Old Full Uniques Set

Reasoning

Pledge of Hands

Essentially a 7 Link item, although I only have it 5 Linked at the moment.
Benefictial with Cloak of Defiance as it gives 100% Increase to Maximum Mana.

Cloak of Defiance

Major boost to mana and mana regeneration aswell as having Mind of Matter for damage mitigation.

Maligaro's Virtuosity

Major boost to critical strike and multiplier.
Also gives you the bonus Dexterity you need to run High level GMP & Artic Armour.

Rainbowstride

Gives nice resistance, decent move speed and boost to mana from both flat mana bonus aswell as the conversion from Eldritch Battery, which is much needed when running Mind over Matter (Cloak of Defiance).

Doryani's Invitation
Fire Variant

Damage Boost is nice, some armour (though very negligable as it will only give you 3% or so after lvl 80). Mostly needed for the +1% Fire Leech and dual resist.

Eye of Chayula

Since you will have under 3k Life anyways you will most likely get stun locked. By using this you can put those worries to rest (don't nesecarily need a "corrupted" one with +1% Fire Leech but it helps).

Dream Fragment

Survivabilty item, aswell as giving mana regeneration and freeze immunity (which is nice).

As you can tell, I don't use Pyre to and Rainbowstrides to their full advantage, though Rainbowstrides can serve very well with Saffell's Frame + Stone of Lazwhar. Main advantage of using those boots is that they are relatively cheaper than a high end mirror worthy boot.

Gear to Consider

Reasoning

Doryani's Catalyst

Solid item, gives crit, high elemental damage, some cast speed and +1% elemental leech.

Voll's Protector

Great item, I used it 4 linked untill I got a 5 Link Cloak of Defiance as it essentially was a 5 link item. If you Intend on using this instead of Cloak of Defiance with Pledge of Hands, you get an 8 link (if you 6 Link Pledge of Hands).

Saffel's Frame

Situational Item, I tend to use this with Stone of Lazwhar, Rainbowstride and Tempest Shield when against boss fights like Dominus to face tank his Lightning Stream.

Stone of Lazwhar

Situation Item, works well with shield (rather than staff), the bonus mana and cast speed is also nice.

Passive Tree

BANDITS
  • +40 maximum life
  • +Cast speed
  • +1 Power Charge

KEY PASSIVES
  • Eldritch Battery
  • +3 Power Charges & 4% Spell Dmg per Power charge
  • 163% Increased Maximum Life
  • 140% Increased Mana Regenation Rate

Current Tree (lvl 91)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCBx4HYwj0DkgPxBGWFE0Wbxa_GjgabB8CJKomlSlPLJwtHy9vNsU26TpYO3xBlkSrRXxFnUbXSVFMs1AwUEJTUlVLVa5Vxl3GXfJfKmBtYeJjQ2pDaxdwUnC7cNV-WX_GghCCHoKbgziD24V9idOMNo5kj6aP-pBVlSCVLpeXmuCdgJ2uogCiLqKjpwinhK6ztDi1BLb6uJO4yrmTvOrAVMHzwwnLvdD12CTZE9rd2wvbXt3z34rfsONq5CLlGevk6-7r9ewY7DjwH_DV8h33pvv1

Key Gems

Main DPS Skill

4 Link (with Voll's Protector)
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Spell Echo + Added Lightning

5 Link (with Voll's Protector)
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Spell Echo + Added Lightning + Faster Casting

4 Link (without Voll's Protector)
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Power Charge on Critical + Added Lightning

5 Link (without Voll's Protector
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Power Charge on Critical + Added Lightning + Spell Echo

4 Link Pledge of Hands (with Voll's)
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Added Lightning + Faster Casting

5 Link Pledge of Hands (with Voll's)
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Added Lightning + Faster Casting + Increased Critical Damage

4 Link Pledge of Hands (No Voll's)
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Power Charge on Critical + Added Lightning

5 Link Pledge of Hands (No Voll's)
Freezing Pulse + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Power Charge on Critical + Added Lightning + Faster Casting

Escape Skill

3 Link atleast
Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting

Can add "Culling Strike" if you really want to, but not nessecary.

Aura's

Discipline

Energy Shield to Mana conversion from Eldritch Battery.

Clarity

Much needed mana regeneration to sustain Mind over Matter or Artic Armour.

Purity of Elements

With my current gear setup this is what's keeping me resist capped.

Herald of Ice

If you don't intend on using full uniques, and are resist capped this gives a nice boost to damage.

Artic Armour

Technically not an aura, but it is a self cast buff that drains mana and provides both fire and physical damage mitigation. The fire mitigation will help against reflect mobs as your Freezing Pulse does fire damage. The physical mitigation helps as you only have 3% physical damage reduction.

Curses

Assassin's Mark

Makes you crit more and harder.

Enfeeble

Good for end-game especially against heavy hitting mobs.

3 Link atleast
Curse + Faster Casting + Increased AoE

If you can find a slot for 4 Link, Increased Duration is also nice (though you don't really need it as you kill most mobs in less than 2 seconds).

Other Gems

Comibination of these 3 Linked will provide additional physical mitigation.

Cast When Damage Taken lvl 8

Immortal Call lvl 8

Molten Shell lvl 11

You can add Increased Duration or Enduring Cry in addition if you want but, it's hard to get 4 Reds on Int and Dex items.

I will make a levelling guide in the near future, aswell as updating this thread.
Last edited by Razokur on Sep 18, 2014, 5:45:59 AM
nice way to use 3 dragons and pyre. and it sure confused me when u kicked my ass in the arena ;)
Can you post stats? DPS/Health and mana/Defences Etc.
This looks really interesting
IGN: TheArenaOfZaros
Whats the reasoning for not getting Heart of Flame/Heart of Ice?
Last edited by mexiham on Aug 31, 2014, 9:49:34 AM
"
IntoTheArena wrote:
Can you post stats? DPS/Health and mana/Defences Etc.
This looks really interesting

Sure, I was just getting to 90 first before posting anymore aswell as tweaking (using herald of ice now).

"
mexiham wrote:
Whats the reasoning for not getting Heart of Flame/Heart of Ice?

I want to maximize added lightning support gem so that I can freeze lock, so getting elemental and spell damage seemed like a better choice.
I've been following your build on a new Rampage Witch and am currently 47 - so far it's been really fun!
Hi there i am quite interested in your build but are u planning on making the passive build to a upgrade to version 1.3 or what are your plans on making this build better in certain ways

i hope u can update this build so i can gladly play it in 1.3

And could u maby tell me what the item stats u are going for ?
Last edited by Avengedream on Dec 23, 2014, 3:30:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info