Daily Mission Bug - Have not completed normal difficulty

Bug report for daily mission from Tora

Clicked on daily mission from level 4 Tora on my level 40 Shadow, she opened a portal and left my hideout. Unfortunately I can not go through the portal to complete the mission, it gives me the message "You have not completed normal difficulty". I can't cancel the mission from Tora, or dismiss her since she went through the portal. So now I can also not do the daily mission from Elreon, as it says I am currently doing a mission. Which I can't complete or cancel, sort of a catch 22 setup here.

Not sure if waiting 24 hours will reset the missions, or if I need to complete normal difficulty.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Update:

Completing normal difficulty and then entering the hideout from Cruel Twighlight Strand causes the daily mission to fail and Tora to reappear in the hideout.

I can now do my other daily missions, but lost the one from Tora for today due to this bug.
"
TheGreenleaf wrote:
Update:

Completing normal difficulty and then entering the hideout from Cruel Twighlight Strand causes the daily mission to fail and Tora to reappear in the hideout.

I can now do my other daily missions, but lost the one from Tora for today due to this bug.

Stop calling it "bug".
It clearly states that you didn't finish Normal difficulty, which mean that you can't go to Daily mission area located in Cruel difficulty.

Second, this "so-called bug" magically disappeared when you've entered Cruel difficulty. Wonders?..
No, game mechanics. Because Master's quests scale with their levels not with character levels.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:

Stop calling it "bug".
It clearly states that you didn't finish Normal difficulty, which mean that you can't go to Daily mission area located in Cruel difficulty.

Second, this "so-called bug" magically disappeared when you've entered Cruel difficulty. Wonders?..
No, game mechanics. Because Master's quests scale with their levels not with character levels.

It IS a bug, for the reason I stated in my own thread on this issue:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1017408

Basically, the master should not create a portal where you cannot follow them.

Instead, either the "Daily mission" option should be disabled in the master dialog, or leave it enabled and show something like "Sorry exile, you are not of high enough level to continue with the daily mission" and NOT create the portal.

As it currently stands, it's half-and-half - the user experience is a bit crap, where it looks like you can start the daily mission, only to get an error when you attempt follow the master into their own portal. And then you have to relog in order to get the master back.
Last edited by MarCNeT on Aug 28, 2014, 2:20:34 PM
That still doesn't make it a bug. Your party members who are eligible (in cruel) can still do the mission even though you can't. Since you can't, making the mission unavailable at all would mean you couldn't let your friends do it either. Either way, you can't do it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
True. I can see your point. It would still allow people in my party a go.

But at least acknowledge my point. I'm a solo player. I don't really gain any benefit myself. I've got a long way to go for cruel (I play a couple hours a day). From my point of view, the master, as he currently stands, is preventing me from accessing content.

At least admit it is a bit shit that he f-s off into a portal that I, by myself, can't complete the mission as I stand at (now) level 40. Also, I cannot access his vendor items to purchase once he has gone down his own portal.

So, to me, this IS a bug -> I cannot access the "purchase items" menu option after I click "Daily mission" because the master in question has gone to an area that I am too low level to access.
Last edited by MarCNeT on Aug 28, 2014, 7:12:02 PM
At the very least it would be nice if they let you know you wouldn't be able to enter the portal for the Daily Mission. It blocks out the other Daily, and you lose access to the Master, since they are hiding in the portal.

I'm hoping it resets for tomorrow, as I'm still a ways from completing Normal (just started Act 3). Losing my other daily for that long would just suck.

Edit: Just read another post where logging out and back in kills that daily, but brings back the Master and allows you to complete the other one. So I have that going for me, which is nice.
Last edited by Scritchy on Aug 29, 2014, 10:11:51 AM
For a quick solution:
(quoted my own post from similar bug report thread)

"
kerevits wrote:
i had exact same isssue.
Today , i couldnt go in to Level 4 Haku's Daily Portal , like above posts said.

Then i remembered a statement from 1.2.4 Patch Notes :
"Added the /abandon_daily chat command as a last resort to abandon daily missions which are stuck open."

GGG made a temp solution for this situation but, at least we can do other daily quests for this day. (abandoned daily quest counts as failed).

Thanks to team.

/abandon_daily

I just started act IV with my witch, and she can no longer complete the daylies with any of the masters, due to the above mentioned message "You have not completed Normal difficulty".

Now, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I still haven't got a clue as to what I need to do, to correct this annoying "feature" of the game.

When I enter any of the first three encampments, no missions seems to be incomplete. I would appreciate it if someone would explain, how to be able to do the daylies once again, please...
Last edited by RubberDuck52 on Jul 27, 2015, 5:41:32 AM
Try doing what it says. Complete Normal difficulty.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info