Why do I get destroyed on maps!?

Hi there!

I am currently a 61 level witch, with 2k Hp, 800 ES, 3.5k DPS with arc of lightning. I use arctic armor and my resists are capped with purity of the elements. Also I have 300 flat armor and no evasion.

I can clear a vaal map perfectly but then final boss just destroys me. As for the normal 66 level maps I get 100% anihilated by almost anything that moves. I wanna get a leech gem into the red slot but I lack money to link it. Why is this happening to me?

Here My stuff :

My build :

Last edited by Lynnel on Aug 27, 2014, 9:09:56 PM
2k life and 800 ES is way too low for maps. You want at least 3.5k life and 4k+ would be better. You also need your resists capped.

It also looks like you have no armour or evasion, so you're probably taking tons of physical damage. Try to get some evasion/armour instead of all this ES gear.
Also, level 61 is too early for maps. At that level you can still get good XP and currency in Act 2 Merciless, where it is much easier to survive. Although to be honest, I'd be scared to go anywhere in Merciless with so little mitigation. (I'm guessing it works out because you just blast everything before it gets a chance to fight back.)

You could get more life/ES (you can potentially get a lot more ES just by upgrading your gear), but I think it's lack of mitigation that's really killing you here. Don't wear pure ES gear unless you can back it up with off-gear sources of armour/Eva, such as Grace.
Outside of what everyone else is saying I would head to the witch forums and ask for some help. I did just that and got good advice that lead to me making the modified build that I plan to use when I get my fire witch to where I can map. Hopefully I will have the gear needed to be able to map safely. Also I hope that the build and the skill gems that I choose will be good enough to help me make my goal.

Before posting in the witch forums figure out what you want your build to be. Meaning plan out a general idea what you are looking for. When I went there for help with a fire witch. I knew that I wanted a build that would be able to dish out some good damage along with being able to take some punishment without being dropped by the mobs like a bad habit.

The help that I got gave me excellent advice because I had a good idea of what I wanted in a build to begin with. The rest is history and since the new expansion I decided to re-roll and remake the fire witch according to the new tree. I will make any tweaks as needed along the way. But I do not think that I will have to do that.
If you want to run life/ES a good goal would be +life/+ES/+resist on equipment to get your total life + ES around 6k, and all resists except chaos to 75. Also consider ES/AR or ES/EV hybrid pieces. It will just take some time farming and you can farm as you level.

You must have leveled fast because your gems are only at level 15. They'll start really shining as you get to 18+ and the game will get easier.
You ned more life (my new witch lv 43 got 1.9k with self found gear). Also highr level, since you gain more skillpoints + gem levels, which boost your abilities :) and of course look for some builds in witch forum. I think can be, that you are runing with no defensive/escape/distraction skills..
And as first i would upgrade whole jewels, shield, belt.
u carry lot of ES gear but got no ES defensiv nodes, u should change ur Gear to ES/AR or AR only, maybe even AR/EV. That in combine with artic armor should work better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info