There has been a patch that you need to update to. Please restart Path of Exile

Trying to log in through Steam, and this message pops up every time. I restart, steam updates POE, I try to log back in, AND THE SAME FUCKING MESSAFGE!!!!!!!11111

WTF is going on!?!?!?

the message is "There has been a patch that you need to update to. Please restart Path of Exile"

And I've retried about 20 times now.
Last edited by labatymo on Aug 27, 2014, 7:24:27 PM
Fixed it myself.

If anyone else having problems with steam...

1. go to pathofexile.com
2. click download now
3. install and click cancel when it starts updating
4. find Content.ggpk in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Path of Exile
5. copy and paste that to the new directory you installed POE in
7. uninstall steam
8. profit
Uhh... that's not at all the fix.

That just means you're playing Path of Exile without Steam.

When using Steam to play Path of Exile (NOT as an external game, but one installed THROUGH the Steam Store) you can just verify your cache/installation and it should recover and work.

Sounds to me like you were attempting to play the Stand-alone Web Client through Steam by adding it to your library externally (inside of Steam). That isn't the same thing at all.
"
Drakier wrote:
Uhh... that's not at all the fix.

That just means you're playing Path of Exile without Steam.

When using Steam to play Path of Exile (NOT as an external game, but one installed THROUGH the Steam Store) you can just verify your cache/installation and it should recover and work.

Sounds to me like you were attempting to play the Stand-alone Web Client through Steam by adding it to your library externally (inside of Steam). That isn't the same thing at all.

No that's not the case. I've been playing through Steam for over a year now. It only stopped working when a patch came out. Also, clicking verify cache/installation doesn't work.
"
labatymo wrote:
No that's not the case. I've been playing through Steam for over a year now. It only stopped working when a patch came out. Also, clicking verify cache/installation doesn't work.

Doing what you said REMOVES Path of Exile from under Steam and uses the stand-alone web client. It is NOT a solution for people that only have Path of Exile on Steam. It requires having a beta/web account LINKED to Steam for it to work.

Therefore, it is not a solution. All you are doing is changing from playing on Steam to playing on the stand-alone client like people who play without Steam.

The patching through Steam works really well for most people. If you're having issues, it is likely because of something unique to your configuration or Steam is just having issues (which happens on some occasions). It shouldn't be a consistent thing though. If the problems are consistent, then you're doing something wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info