Best single target skill for use with EK?

Doing an EK build for the first time and having trouble with some of Vorici's quests that require you to leave one or more alive. What is a good single target skill that goes well with an EK build? I tried Bear Trap but it is too clunky and difficult to ensure the correct target hits it.
It's still EK. You just remove the links, turn off the auras, and lure the targets away.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Not sure there is one. But Ice Spear has such good base damage that you might be able to use that even with minimal to no passives for damage.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
That quest is really easy, if you just do not run in all guns blazing.

The guards have a short leash; the target has none. Just walk in, lure the target into the previous room, kill, return without having killed a single guard. It does not matter what you use to kill, it just takes a moment to follow a very simple strategy.
Bear Trap should be good if you took them phys nodes.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
My lvl20 bear trap with culling+IIR+IIQ supports does 7k~ dmg/trap. Should be higher with damage supports. Still use mostly EK for single target though.
I use these...
d:-D*
OP is talking about Vorici quests, read it all before you type please.
And sometimes the guards follow the exile everywhere and it gets really tedious.
If you did get the phys nodes power siphon might be good.
Last edited by Aspality on Aug 27, 2014, 7:02:14 PM
Is the target a unique? If so you could throw some multi trap conversion traps for the guards and then plow the target with EK while the guards are converted. Just a thought.
Bear trap will probably not beat EK single target. If you are crit heavy, maybe a puncture PB trap on switch with a bow would beat EK. Moral of the story is EK is your aoe and single target skill. It is sooooo booooring to play. Very effective solo skill though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info