Herald of Ice + Iron Will bugged

Though they can link and the Tooltip shows an Avg Damage increase on Herald of Ice, no Ice damage Number on Herald of ice or on the Attack skills used show an increase in damage.

So due its nature of relatively low increase its not sure if it does aplied the extra damage or dsnt.

greeting
Last edited by Hiobs on Aug 26, 2014, 1:13:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Anything you support to HoI will affect its Shatter damage, not what flat cold damage it gives to your other attacks and spells.

That being said, I'm pretty sure the shatter is not spell damage, so it shouldn't benefit from Iron Will (and thus shouldn't be linkable to Iron Will).

It does have the tag "spell", so I think the shatter should be effected. No way to really test though beyond challenging tests in pvp
Im not sure which part of herald of ice would be effected, but something Ironwill is trying to increase because the Tooltip AVG Dmg (of herald of ice) is increasing when linked.
But the flat dmg nor the shatter dmg-numbers in the detailed tooltip part is increasing.

greetings
I believe all Iron Will is affecting is the "cast time." The AOE from Herald of Ice is nothing more than a waste of sockets, as is the entire buff from what I can tell. I notice no damage output whatsoever from the AOE effect, though I do see an animation. Compared to Herald of Ash... Ice is lame. Fire gets all the love around here. They probably haven't had time to look at it because they're too busy on important fire related stuff. I mean try leveling melee from scratch with a single target ice attack you never have the mana for. Then try leveling from scratch melee fire with an out of the gate AOE which does separate accuracy checks for both portions of the attack. Did your attack miss? No matter! The projectiles didn't! It doesn't matter what you link to the fire attack, as long as you grab a couple decent mana regen nodes you never have to even think about mana. With ice you're spamming mana flasks nonstop and equipping anything with the word mana on it, including witch gear. No armor? No matter! No life? No problem. You can spam life flasks too, while you spend all your passives and time trying to fix your mana problems that never seem to end. After a few levels on that Glacial Hammer it's just too much. When you miss with Glacial Hammer is really hurts. Fire is easy mode as far as melee is concerned. There is no Avatar of Ice, or lighting. There are no cold status nodes on that side of the tree. Oh! And fire doesn't even have to attack anything at later levels. They can just go RF and stand next to stuff while it burns to death without even clicking an attack. For added effect link up molten shell for your perma fire explosion to Cast when Damage Taken and you're all good to go walk around maps collecting loot while you eat pizza. Don't get me wrong though, ice can be good too, it's just not fire. With Molten Strike you basically get two attacks, each of which you can increase the damage of independently from one another, and you can accomplish it with the projectiles via keystones or support gems. I suspect that at every morning meeting over at GGG they always start off by asking themselves, "What else can we do with fire today?" Of course the downside to that is that they have spend a whole lot of wasted time on ice skills when they could be spending that time more wisely, namely on more fire stuff. Stay away from ice and level with fire. Just buy some leveled ice gems once your at a much higher level and swap them out, unless you've already spent hours playing with fire and saved gear specific for leveling a non-fire based melee character.
Last edited by TheCancerOfThought on Apr 29, 2015, 6:01:30 AM
"
I believe all Iron Will is affecting is the "cast time." The AOE from Herald of Ice is nothing more than a waste of sockets, as is the entire buff from what I can tell. I notice no damage output whatsoever from the AOE effect, though I do see an animation. Compared to Herald of Ash... Ice is lame. Fire gets all the love around here. They probably haven't had time to look at it because they're too busy on important fire related stuff. I mean try leveling melee from scratch with a single target ice attack you never have the mana for. Then try leveling from scratch melee fire with an out of the gate AOE which does separate accuracy checks for both portions of the attack. Did your attack miss? No matter! The projectiles didn't! It doesn't matter what you link to the fire attack, as long as you grab a couple decent mana regen nodes you never have to even think about mana. With ice you're spamming mana flasks nonstop and equipping anything with the word mana on it, including witch gear. No armor? No matter! No life? No problem. You can spam life flasks too, while you spend all your passives and time trying to fix your mana problems that never seem to end. After a few levels on that Glacial Hammer it's just too much. When you miss with Glacial Hammer is really hurts. Fire is easy mode as far as melee is concerned. There is no Avatar of Ice, or lighting. There are no cold status nodes on that side of the tree. Oh! And fire doesn't even have to attack anything at later levels. They can just go RF and stand next to stuff while it burns to death without even clicking an attack. For added effect link up molten shell for your perma fire explosion to Cast when Damage Taken and you're all good to go walk around maps collecting loot while you eat pizza. Don't get me wrong though, ice can be good too, it's just not fire. With Molten Strike you basically get two attacks, each of which you can increase the damage of independently from one another, and you can accomplish it with the projectiles via keystones or support gems. I suspect that at every morning meeting over at GGG they always start off by asking themselves, "What else can we do with fire today?" Of course the downside to that is that they have spend a whole lot of wasted time on ice skills when they could be spending that time more wisely, namely on more fire stuff. Stay away from ice and level with fire. Just buy some leveled ice gems once your at a much higher level and swap them out, unless you've already spent hours playing with fire and saved gear specific for leveling a non-fire based melee character.

Not gonna lie, even if the lack of paragraphs is a bit disturbing, i chuckled.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
^ nice rant bro, good stuff xD
Hey...is this thing on?
"
Real_Wolf wrote:

It does have the tag "spell", so I think the shatter should be effected. No way to really test though beyond challenging tests in pvp

A lot of gems also have "spell" tag, while doing no spell damage and not being "a spell" in usual meaning (skeletons\zombies, for example). Bad idea to check "supporting" by tags only

Just passed by \^_^
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info