[1.2.0] [Witch] [7 Aura] [Dual-Curse] [Rainbow Nuke] by Riverside77

Diaclaimer: This guide is inspired by Thor's Rainbow Nuke (Tom94). I did not come up with any of the main ideas/synergies of this build nor am I claiming to have.

I am simply showing what is working VERY well for me Updated for 1.2.0 and starting as a Witch.

This build is very expensive as it requires these uniques at the minimum

There will be no leveling guide You guys can figure that out and I just used the 1.2.0 respec my self.

Bandits rewards
Three skill points

My Tree looks like this for level 90

I know I have 3x 10 strength nodes for what appears like no reason, I just needed the stats to use Mjolnir.

My Gear
Spoiler

You don't need a head hunter belt, it just caught my eye as something that would be fun and had the stats I needed. A belt like this will be fine or you can use Doryani lightning belt

6L Gems

Lightning strike for AOE and Molten strike for "single target"

Mjolnir Gems

Auras

Curses
Cast on hit leveled Elemental weakness in your Shavs.
I'm using a CWDT+Conductivity also. You could use a defensive curse instead obviously.

Play Style
Put on all 7 of your auras + BLOOD RAGE. Go out and lightning strike/discharge/arc everything to death and use molten strike for bosses.

Remember to pop RUBY+TOPAZ+SAPPHIRE before you attack ELEMENTAL REFLECT mobs.

Mechanics

Basically, you use romira+volls ammy to always have power charges. This allows you to proc discharge constantly, You use your main attack LIGHTNING STRIKE OR MOLTEN STRIKE to proc the skills in Mjolnir.

How do you sustain life to attack since you are blood magic? Easy We don't take Zealots Oath so that Vitality always keeps your life full and you can attack constantly.

How do we stop the Degen From Blood rage? Shavronne's Revelation ring gives us ES regen.

Why No Righteous Fire?
You have to use that crappy Phoenix shield which has like no es on it. Take too many regen nodes and the points can be better spent elsewhere for more ES. I believe the DPS on my build is very similar to an RF build while being MUCH more Tanky.

Here is a link to an RF build using Scion:

That build only has +220% ES VS +301% from my build. Uses a phoenix shield (loss of a huge source of flat es. Does not have dual curse. Takes 4 nodes just to get 1% fire res.

I get 88% spell damage from the start of the witch, massive es and another 71% spell damage from my shield.

I also am able to sustain my attacks using vitality since I don't need it to sustain RF.

I'm not sure how that build sustains life for attacks. Constant potting maybe?

Videos
77 Shrine Map solo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjqr4EOgYjA&feature=youtu.be
Atziri kill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtWiDaYGrPY&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Riverside77 on Aug 26, 2014, 12:48:47 AM
Last edited by Riverside77 on Aug 26, 2014, 12:30:17 AM
Was thinking about making thread myself at some point if I was succesful with this kinda build, but now no need :) Btw. ur lightning strike shouldnt have quality. We want the bolts to chain.
IGN: Reoxy
Why u are making BM, without LL rate on ur gear or gem ?. Apart why u dnt make LL RF build like Tom94. U use more nodes of Hp and gear but where u spend then ur skills when using BM ( rethoric question ) ?. Nonsense i see.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
"
Dhoros wrote:
Why u are making BM, without LL rate on ur gear or gem ?. Apart why u dnt make LL RF build like Tom94. U use more nodes of Hp and gear but where u spend then ur skills when using BM ( rethoric question ) ?. Nonsense i see.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. I explained why I'm not using RF and I am using the life leech gem.
Last edited by Riverside77 on Aug 25, 2014, 12:17:26 PM
"
Reoxy wrote:
Was thinking about making thread myself at some point if I was succesful with this kinda build, but now no need :) Btw. ur lightning strike shouldnt have quality. We want the bolts to chain.

Hmm I didn't notice that... Now I have to try to hunt down a level 20 lightning strike with no quality lol
"
Dhoros wrote:

Blood magic to stack lots of auras cheap and vitality gives life regen to attack. Whats there left to understand?

Btw. Im little disappointed in mjölner single targer dps. My pre 1.2 coc cyclone discharger did alot more dmg.

Edit. Also im not using resolute technique, im using atziri gloves and have some spell crit chance and accuracy. Feels more tanky to me.
Last edited by Reoxy on Aug 25, 2014, 12:55:00 PM
"
Reoxy wrote:
"
Dhoros wrote:

Blood magic to stack lots of auras cheap and vitality gives life regen to attack. Whats there left to understand?

Btw. Im little disappointed in mjölner single targer dps. My pre 1.2 coc cyclone discharger did alot more dmg.

Edit. Also im not using resolute technique, im using atziri gloves and have some spell crit chance and accuracy. Feels more tanky to me.

But the build its with RT, so the gloves nn here to work because the VP passive mod.
IGNs: eternal_nina, eternal_madira, eternal_reaper, getmyshadow, eternal_ihgheart, eternal_darkess.
"
Dhoros wrote:
"
Reoxy wrote:
"
Dhoros wrote:

But the build its with RT, so the gloves nn here to work because the VP passive mod.

What? Cant understand what ur saying.
You do realise ur "spell damage" is "Increased spell damage" and not "more spell damage". Rf gives "more spell damage". You have less dps than the original build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info