New Player Concurrency Record, 1.2.0c Preview and State of Exile Podcast

Awesome that's a lot of players
i <3 minesweeper
"
Chris wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
One small thing that could make the hideout a better place is raising it's difficulty level to the current difficulty the player is in.

The hideout is in normal dificulty, meaning you dont see the difficulty adjusted resistance penalties when you try to gear up. You have to jump into Merc just to see what changes swapping gear will make.

The hideout should be always situated in the current char highest difficulty level.

It's just a small convenience, quality of life improvement.

The problem with this was that lower friends weren't able to access it.

"One small thing that could make the hideout a better place is raising it's difficulty level to the current difficulty the player is in."

^Would be awesome and would work fine for most situations.

"The hideout should be always situated in the current char highest difficulty level."

^Indeed wouldn't work for the reason Chris stated.

If' I'm in Normal then the hideout should be in Normal, if I'm in Cruel, it should also be in Cruel etc. I don't know why you would want to allow low level people to join a high level person because usually high level people help low level people and not the other way around...
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 25, 2014, 6:14:39 PM
Great!
"
You need more servers, and you need them now. Higher amounts of people playing equates to much more chances to really keep these new people playing. However, they are not if they have a 1500 person que.

I know I am beating a dead horse with this but something needs to be done with desync issues. Come on guys, nice content is awesome, but you need to cover the core of the game functionality before adding more on.

Let's concentrate on quality over quantity and you'll see those microtransaction numbers fly, and I think we can all agree THAT'S a record we all know you'd like to see.

More servers will have no effect on desync issues.
patch "c" to be deployed "tomorrow". Does that mean Tuesday or Wednesday? Looks like this was posted on Monday US time?...ehh confused.
Chris,

Maybe your team could improve hideout decorations system. Curently it is not possible to get rid of decorations we bought (trash it). Also, ability to preview decoration before buying it would be nice.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Zoen wrote:
Can you make it so Masters give you their crafting benches when they reach level 2 so you don't have to cycle Masters around and lose experience getting them all?

This really should be done. I didn't even know I could have more than two crafting benches until I swapped out one of my masters. I figured it'd go with them. There's probably a lot of players that haven't even figured this out yet.

"
Toshis8 wrote:
Chris,

Maybe your team could improve hideout decorations system. Curently it is not possible to get rid of decorations we bought (trash it). Also, ability to preview decoration before buying it would be nice.

The ability to move around your decorations within the stash would be a nice addition as well.
Last edited by D623932883 on Aug 25, 2014, 8:08:17 PM
"
D623932883 wrote:
"
Zoen wrote:
Can you make it so Masters give you their crafting benches when they reach level 2 so you don't have to cycle Masters around and lose experience getting them all?

This really should be done. I didn't even know I could have more than two crafting benches until I swapped out one of my masters. I figured it'd go with them. There's probably a lot of players that haven't even figured this out yet.

I know that i could kick out master and his crafting table will stay, but will my master level drop back to 1 or remain as it is?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
"
Toshis8 wrote:
I know that i could kick out master and his crafting table will stay, but will my master level drop back to 1 or remain as it is?

The experience for that level is reset. So you kinda have to get all of these crafting benches early on, otherwise you either have to wait until to hit the next level or lose experience.
Last edited by D623932883 on Aug 25, 2014, 8:15:51 PM
Is it that hard to aim for 135% resistance while in your hideout? (or higher if you've increased your max)

It's just a different number...
"so you can see who has more PvPenis" - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Dizrupt on Aug 25, 2014, 8:31:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info