Black Screen

Hello,

For the last week or two i've been having some problems with logout to login screen and logout to character selection screen, randomly it gives me a black screen, after that i cant do anything but restart the client, only the music keeps playing in the background. I dont know if it's a game problem or if my computer is causing it.

I have a Toshiba Satellite pro laptop, 2Gb ram, HD Graphics card, pretty bad for games but it manages to run PoE, i use everything in low setting, no shadows, and texture quality in 7.

Hope to see a reply soon.
Does anybody know what causes this? is it just me or someone else is having the same problem?
Does anybody know what causes this? is it just me or someone else is having the same problem?
Besides your laptop being ancient and low on RAM, I don't know the exact problem. Does ALT+Tabbing do anything? If you let it sit there long enough, does it eventually come back?

Could it just be a problem with attempting to free resources and taking a while? Perhaps you're just being impatient with it?

I'm honestly surprised you can run it at all with that system.
i would have to check if alt + tab do anything, or waiting like you said, normally when that happens i close the client and re open it, but with those specs, takes like 5 minutes to boot up the game. What i find intriguing is that i logout and select another character many times without problems, and just randomly when i click the button to logout it goes black.

It is hard playing in this computer, bad graphics, random deaths from freezes and disconnections, doing what i can with what i have =/
I noticed while i was playing today that when swtching characters i didnt get a blackscreen, i changed the game to fullscreen mode, i guess windowed was causing it, still need to confirm.
Last edited by hlobo350 on Aug 29, 2014, 8:01:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info