Unintended ice nova strongbox - map mod interaction?

I instantly died just after a team mate opened an ice nova strongbox. I had 4975hp, 75% cold res. After resyncing I was not on shocking ground. Nothing else was near me, and I was on full hp before dying.

I understand that hardcore characters killed by bugs are generally not revived (except the carrion queen bug), but I would really appreciate an explanation, was it a bug?

(accidentally did /bug and /debug)

My bug reference num. is: 2904324924

Edit:
I opened another ice nova strongbox in a lvl 70 area, and it did well over 3000 dmg with 75% cold res. This seems high for an ice nova, but to do 5000 dmg seems unfair.

It seems like the % increase monster damage map mod is affecting the ice nova, causing it to one hit unfairly.

Last edited by old_boy on Aug 25, 2014, 5:53:50 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Pathetic mechanic.
They also get more range the higher the map, so hit the box and get far far away.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I too had a character die to an Ice Nova strongbox. It was a level 74 map. Like the OP, I had ~5k hp and max resists and was 1-shot by the trap. I can understand taking a good chunk of your life or being chilled for a long while if you aren't fast enough to get out of the blast, but being 1-shot like that just isn't fun.
Man learn to read and run away + dont open unid chest ? Its the easiest thing to avoid these.

Clearly no bug.
Not a bug, unfair damage = yes =P/

easy to avoid with a good aps moveskill or a speed flask, unless you get frozen/stunned/chilled/desync'd etc etc.

For them to do 5k damage with 75 res is quite astounding. May aswell get hit by Kole(71map Colonade boss is who im referring to in fact) in the face and then be slowed by it aswell!~that being said, kole hits for that hard with <40% physical res, its safe to say the ice nova does more damage really.
Last edited by Malum95 on Sep 3, 2014, 10:41:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info