Passive resistance nodes gone?

Where did the passive resistances go? Are they just gone now? Most of my previous builds relied heavily on those passives.
I have no signature.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Passive resists have been rolled into other nodes or removed. There's still a solid chunk of resists on the tree.

Ranger has 28% nearby elemental resist, Shadow has 16%, Templar has up to about 38% with a shield, Duelist has around 36%, Scion has 26%, Marauder has an easy 39%

It's harder to get more than the base resists available in your general start area, but the base resists themselves are a little more efficient in non-marauder non-scion areas.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Last edited by Autocthon on Aug 23, 2014, 5:44:41 PM
"
Autocthon wrote:
Passive resists have been rolled into other nodes or removed. There's still a solid chunk of resists on the tree.

Ranger has 28% nearby elemental resist, Shadow has 16%, Templar has up to about 38% with a shield, Duelist has around 36%, Scion has 26%, Marauder has an easy 39%

It's harder to get more than the base resists available in your general start area, but the base resists themselves are a little more efficient in non-marauder non-scion areas.

How do you get to 36% in the Duelist area? Only resist cluster I can see that's clearly in his sector is Cloth and Chain (24%). You could count Weathered Hunter and/or Sentinel as nearby, I suppose.

Scion has 28% (Sentinel and the resist nodes leading up to it). I'd say that's a fairly efficient path to take for a lot of Scion builds. Getting more resists as a Scion takes a while, of course.

In the Templar area I can see 42% with a shield, not counting Body and Soul (but including Faith and Steel because it's a good node in easy reach).
"
Incompetent wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:

How do you get to 36% in the Duelist area? Only resist cluster I can see that's clearly in his sector is Cloth and Chain (24%). You could count Weathered Hunter and/or Sentinel as nearby, I suppose.

Scion has 28% (Sentinel and the resist nodes leading up to it). I'd say that's a fairly efficient path to take for a lot of Scion builds. Getting more resists as a Scion takes a while, of course.

In the Templar area I can see 42% with a shield, not counting Body and Soul (but including Faith and Steel because it's a good node in easy reach).
*34%

The 10% on Sentinel since you're obviously getting the lifewheel. 3 more points gets you up to 52%.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
In addition to the points already made, I have a feeling that they intend for Crafting to take those nodes' place.

Regardless, I think this is a misstep from GGG -- particularly in a patch intended to help with new player experience and providing more options to existing players, those nodes were indeed rather unceremoniously taken away. And given Resistances' value, they could have benefited greatly from the new paradigm where each cluster has a notable.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Last edited by ephetat on Aug 24, 2014, 12:20:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info