Snobby's CI Crit 1k Crit Multi Spectral Throw

Hey guys,
This build is basically about being able to do enough DPS to survive endgame maps, who cares about survivability when all your enemies are either frozen or dead.

Pros:
Great DPS is achievable with average gear
You get to shatter the shit out of monsters
Great range, you never have to get in close unless you're finishing off a boss
Great clear speed
Nice agility, able to whirling blades in and out of mobs, while oneshotting them
Reflect is almost never felt due to CwDT linked with EC, IC and inc duration. This saves you from most burst damage. Vaal Pact is taken to protect from reflect mobs, but I would be careful doing reflect maps because you have to spam granite and aztiri flask to survive.

Cons:
Not very much ES compared to most CI builds, makes the build a tiny bit squishy
One word: Devourers
Not much physical mitigation, however my Granite Flask gives me 50% mitigation while it's up
Gets frozen for up to 2-3 seconds every now and again, it gets scary, but this can be solved by taking an anti-freeze flask along
I don't really notice the stuns much, seeing as I stay away from all the hard hitting monsters, but I imagine this could become a danger depending on your playstyle
A 6L is required for maximum output, if you don't have a 6L, drop faster attacks
Can be hard to level
Has trouble doing reflect maps, I would switch out the Abyssus while doing reflect maps

Gem Links
Spoiler
6 link - Spectral Throw, Increased Crit Damage (or increased crit strikes if you feel that gives you more DPS), Faster Projectiles (or Physical Projectile Attack Damage if you don't feel you need the extra range), Life Leech (or Faster Attacks if your DPS is high enough to depend on the leech from blood rage), Greater Multiple Projectiles (or Lesser Multiple Projectiles if you don't really need the clear speed and would rather the DPS. I personally carry a 20/20 LMP along with me to kill the bosses I don't want to get up close and personal with), Power Charge on Crit (fairly self explanatory)

4 link - (This goes for boots, gloves, and helmet) - Cast when Damage Taken, Increased Duration, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call.
Double Strike, Life Leech, Faster Attacks, Melee Physical Damage (Can use Increased crit damage if you want, but melee damage on full life should really be used seeing as we are CI, I don't have one at the moment however).
Reduced Mana, Discipline, Hatred, Assassins Mark

3 link - Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks, Increase Crit Damage (I find this helps to just easily oneshot mosters as you get out of the way, but can pick whatever gem you want).
Blood Rage, Increased Duration, _____ (Preferably Vaal haste, but I still need to get the right colours, so right now I'm just leveling a gem in there).

Final Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4IsQ48DkgRDxEvEVARlhRxFdcWvxslHRQdTx9BJOEqCyo4LL8s4S0fMFQyfjW5Nj026DpSPT4_mz_8RwZLrkyzUDBWY1b1WK9Z81xrX2pjQ2aeaoxtGW1scFJwVnKpeA19435Zf8aESIaujoqPRpAbkn2VIJfQmG-ZmpoTm6Gio6LZpcumf6crpzSpbqxmrJisqrDYsbO1SLk-wBrBxcHzw23IFNh22VvbXttu29Tb59wj44Tlz-hm6QLqGOtj7UHy4fPq9W_2_Pcy99f46_rS-0U=

Leveling Trees
Spoiler
Level 20 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4OSBGWFr8fQSaVKgtR2V3yYeJwUnDVidOi2aZ_sJKw2LGztUjtQfPq_5M= Go for crit first to give you that extra DPS boost near the start, I go for the AS nodes at the start of the shadow instead of the phys damage because AS helps alot more while leveling.

Level 40 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4HHg5IEZYWvx9BJpUqCyzhRwZJUVHZVvVd8mHiYqxjQ3BScFZw1X3jidOOipAblS6X0JoTotmmf6c0rGawkrDYsbO0xbVIuT7Ydttu29Tb5-1B8NXy4fPq9vz_kw== Go for more life so that you can survive through cruel, also grab the Flaying/Adders touch circle for more damage and crit.

Level 60 - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4OSBEPEZYWvxo4HRQfQSaVKgss4S0fMFQ6WD0-P5tHBkyzUDBR2VXGVvVZ813yYeJirGNDZp5sjHBScFZw1XKpfeN_xonTjoqPRpAbkFWSfZUgl9CYb5oTm6GdqqKjotmmf6c0p4SsZqyYrKqwkrDYsbO0xbVIuT7AGsHz2HbbXttu29Tb59wj5c_qGO1B8uHz6vb89zL31_rS_5M= Fill out the rest of the tree by grabbing crit nodes, by this point you should have capped or nearly capped crit, feel free to grab the power charge near the templar depending on how high your crit chance is. After this tree, begin to grab the ES nodes and then once you hit a good level to use ES (once you can use your endgame chestpiece) respec out of all the life nodes and spec them into ES and start working towards Vaal Pact.

Bandits choices
Spoiler
Normal - passive
Cruel - Oak for physical damage
Merciless - Alira for power charge

DPS and Defense Screenshots
Spoiler

ST GMP DPS with charges -
Double Strike DPS with charges
Defenses

Gear
Spoiler

I used the crafting benches to meet some of the stat requirements of the gems.
Next thing to get is a better chest piece, preferably a vaal regalia with nice stats.

Update 1st September 2014: I found I was dying to reflect packs, decided I didn't enjoy that so I revamped the tree to include Vaal Pact. My DPS dropped by about 2k on my GMP ST tooltip, but my survivability has been boosted. All deaths since Vaal Pact change have been from desync or stupid decisions (such as trying to tank Dominus' touch of god in a 74 map). I tried the build with Bino's, but I didn't enjoy the slow APS that came from Bino's, however the amount of damage per hit was substantially larger, was 2-3 shotting monsters in 76 maps with ST.

Update 2nd September 2014: I managed to buy a new dagger with substantially more APS and DPS,I also found that having 20% Quality on blood rage gives a substantial amount of leech. DPS is back to where it was before the changes to the tree, even a little bit higher.

Update 6th September 2014
Made major changes to the tree, the cost of which has impoverished me, but tooltip DPS on GMP ST is at 15.4k now, so it was worth it. Crit is now about 6% over cap, could drop some crit nodes or amulet in favor of one with more ES. Build can handle reflect mobs but reflect maps are a no-no. I need to find a better CI chest, so if anyone has a 6L Vaal Regalia with some nice stats on it, I'd like to swap my chestpiece for it.

Update 17th September 2014
Specced into Iron Grip which boosted my tooltip DPS by a huge amount (1k), changed a ring out in favor of one with more DPS and accuracy, but had to sacrifice capping my resists unfortunately, this means that I get shocked for up to 7 seconds now.

Update 4th October 2014
Updated tree with slight changes, specced into accuracy more than crit multi so now unfortunately crit multi sits at around 910%. Got a new dagger which has more AS and damage, DPS is around 19k now with GMP ST. Added leveling tree.

Updated 9th October 2014
As of today I have respecced out of my build and into a windripper char, I will continue answering questions if you have them. (Windripper build - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1082817)

Feel free to ask questions.

Regards

Snobby
Last edited by Draconyn on Oct 9, 2014, 5:06:28 AM
put pros and cons pls
Reserved
Updated with gear links and new DPS
Updated with DPS screenshots
I'm doing a similar build. I have a few questions:

Is sustain not an issue for you? I was told vaal pact is necessary for CI builds.

Why take sniper?

How important are those accuracy nodes you picked up?
"
NicoJaar wrote:
I'm doing a similar build. I have a few questions:

Is sustain not an issue for you? I was told vaal pact is necessary for CI builds.

Why take sniper?

How important are those accuracy nodes you picked up?

Hey there,
If by "Sustain" you mean being able to hold my ES pool up, I get along quite well by just using the leech off blood rage, although it does make my leech slow down a bit because I don't have the 20% faster leech bonus from the gem, but I manage to get along. You can substitute one of the other gems in the 6L for life leech instead, Faster Attacks for example, this will lower your DPS but up your survivability. I personally only play Standard so I don't worry too much about dying.

I take Sniper because of the extra projectile speed and damage, its only 2 nodes for a substantial amount of range and damage so I took it anyways, it isn't necessary though.

The accuracy nodes aren't very important, it all depends on how much flat accuracy you have on your gear. I had a 72% chance to hit before I found this ring and put it on
and it put me right up to 86% by itself, once I get more flat accuracy on my gear I will be able to drop some of the accuracy nodes in favor of more ES nodes. I would say 90% chance to hit is a good amount and above that you can drop off the accuracy nodes.

Thanks for the questions

Snobby
Reserved
Updated with new tree that includes Vaal Pact
Updated with new dagger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info