[Tools] Near-Realtime Item Availability & Pricing Updates from Shop Forums

I recently wrote my own indexer in order to gather more detailed economic data from the official Trading / Shop forums. One of the advantages of doing my own indexing is that I can provide a real-time feed of items in updated Shop threads.

To begin with, I have create two simple tools to present item feeds in near-realtime:

Near-Realtime Unique Item Updates with buyouts

Near-Realtime Gem Updates with buyouts

Features:

Click on an item name to see only items that match (this is a fuzzy search at the moment, so "Chain" will also show "Temporal Chains")

You may enter a manual search term, doesn't have to be exact. Can be "purity" or "Herald of Ash" or "kite shield"

For Gems, You may enter a minimum and/or maximum Quality and/or Level to filter results. If you set a max without a min, the minimum will assumed to be 1 - if you set a min without a max, the maximum will be set to 50 (just in case).

Things to Know:

Every ten minutes, new and updated shop posts on the forums are scanned and downloaded. Unique Items and Gems with buyout tags are logged along with price history, level, quality, and corrupted status, and a copy of their JSON data is saved.

An item is marked as GONE if it appeared in someone's store during one update, but was removed in another update. This may mean the item was sold, or it may mean the user just took it out of the store.

The Price History attempts to keep track of any changes of price for the item. When you see a price history, you may see that it was at a certain price for some hours, then changed to another price, etc. If the item is listed as GONE, then the most recent price in the Price History may be what it was sold for. (sometimes you will see GONE in the Price History, this means the person removed that item from their store then added it back later)

Important Note: If two of the exact same item are posted in a shop, only one will be tracked. GGG does not provide any unique identifier in JSON data, so there is no way to tell the difference between two of the exact same items and track it (since the order may change at any time in a post). A single seller typically won't have two Unique Items with the exact same stats, but they often may have two Gems with the exact same stats - some of the history data may be weird sometimes as a result ("GONE GONE" may mean they sold another item of the same name+stats).

Note that items will now only be shown in the feed if they are newly listed items or if the store owner has changed the price of an item in an update.
Pete's Simple Path of Exile Tools: http://exiletools.com
Item Price Lookup Macro, Ladder API, Price API, League Reports, Item Reports, and more!
Last edited by pwx on Aug 25, 2014, 4:40:35 PM
I've added Near-Realtime Map Availability & Pricing updates as well.

Are these things other people are interested in, or is it just me? Is this type of information only interesting to people wanting to learn more about the economy and less useful for people just trying to buy/sell items?

I'd think at the very least being able to see possible values for sold items is useful. Hrm.
Pete's Simple Path of Exile Tools: http://exiletools.com
Item Price Lookup Macro, Ladder API, Price API, League Reports, Item Reports, and more!
Last edited by pwx on Aug 25, 2014, 3:02:28 PM
Seems like a nice tool, I'll give it a try.

Nice to see the price of drillnecks droping. Soon, soon...
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
awesome tool, you did a great job.

I use it to check how much I should price my uniques and how much to sell them as well.

The map searching is also really helpful when my map drops suck, so quite a bit.
GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Aug 28, 2014, 12:45:04 AM

Awesome tool!

Can you add a sort function for the columns? (Price)
Hey, this tool was super useful while it was active! please continue developing it.
bump for great justice
IGN: o_Kittenstomper_o
"Not Found

The requested URL /realtime/uniques>Realtime Uniques</a><p></font>Please select your filter options:<p><form action= was not found on this server."

IGN : SiconIsME (Domination League)
"
"Not Found

The requested URL /realtime/uniques>Realtime Uniques</a><p></font>Please select your filter options:<p><form action= was not found on this server."

This thread is almost a year old.
You should PM the OP of this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info