How could Beyond go live?

I won't sugercoat this thread at all, so beware.

I consider Beyond a personal insult from GGG to the playerbase because this League made it obvious that our Feedback is not being taken seriosuly. Everything bad in Invasion was made worse in Beyond. The control you have over the portals is theoretical not practical by any means and visibility is held at a minimum again (as it is with general transcendency).

The super strong monsters spawned regularly are not only boring but absolutely tedious from a game-design perspective, yet the biggest problem with them is not their retarded scaling and boring overkill damage, it is their true worthlessness.

I will now proceed to do something that makes me feel ashamed but I will do it because I love the game, I love grinding and I even still have positive feelings towards GGG:

"Please, consider looking into Diablo 3 to improve your game."

I can't believe you made me actually say that to you. In Diablo 3, rare monsters have a guaranteed rare drop. This is not only logical but doesn't break the game at all because in 99.9% of the time it's still shit but at least you had a chance. IT WAS WORTH TAKING THE RISK.

I really can't get it in my head why it is so difficult for you guys to understand the rule of effort and reward. Considering the effort it takes to kill the Beyond Rares, they should have rare drops as a BASE. Yes. Every Item they drop should be at least rare to justify their current existence.

For this, I won't even take any counter-argument. It is a fact, deal with it. You can't just hype a community for a new League and release it broken, with bad scalings and no rewards (the Forsaken Master's Bugs not included). This is how you kill a game.

Why would you wan't to kill your own game?

Tl; dr: ITT People who think that Beyond is a bigger fail than Diablo 3's release.
Last edited by Scorptice on Aug 22, 2014, 1:09:53 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have a level 30 toon, all 3 uniques have fallen from beyond critters.
You're just frustrated. Take a walk and eat something, feed some birds in a park, enjoy the sun.

With small stuffs you make something perfect. I enjoy Beyond untill now and I love the way this league is made. Now they removed the life reg aura and soon they will improve every aspect of it. Diablo 3 has no hc as it's almost impossible to die there. You lost the concept of HARDCORE!
I unfortunately must agree on most points TS mentions.

* The portals - it is possible to some extent to control them but in many cases they pop up from nowhere.

* The fucking regen is just a joke - OK, the beyond mobs hit hard and are dangerous but WHY would you stack big hp with regen? Every_single_one...

* The risk vs reward issue. Yesterday I managed to spawn the unique boss (third stage?) at lvl 32. The fight was indeed fun and very challenging, almost died a couple of times. Then after like 5 min of constant fighting and action he drops 2 blues and whites...

And yes - you should know better GGG. Or you should fire half your Alpha/Test team for not doing their job.

I am still having fun, as usual. But instead of making a great expansion you release something that reminds me way too much of invasion (read unfinished).
"Added extra drop rewards for top-tier Beyond demons.
Removed the life regeneration aura from the Blood of Haast."

This Notes went up like 2 minutes after I suffered 15h in this League and posted it here.
It is indeed a very positive change yet I hope in future Leagues, such obvious things happen before it goes live.
I loved beyond league. If it wasn't HC I would never EVER stop playing it. The only reason I don't is because I don't like the idea of HC (death = permanent).

It's easy to fix most of the problems. They just need to have a one week race before any new league that uses the same rules. This way they get to fix all the bugs and correct any incredibly stupid decisions before they screw up the real league. People shouldn't be dying to bugs and ridiculous imbalance in HC.
They are removing the regen in 1.2b.
This is one thing I won't miss.

I personally like the difficulty of the 'trash' beyond mobs.
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
Scorptice wrote:
"Added extra drop rewards for top-tier Beyond demons.
Removed the life regeneration aura from the Blood of Haast."

This Notes went up like 2 minutes after I suffered 15h in this League and posted it here.
It is indeed a very positive change yet I hope in future Leagues, such obvious things happen before it goes live.

I hope they decide to do something to the lower-tier demons too. Those make up a big chunk of the beyond experience after all.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
I loved beyond league. If it wasn't HC I would never EVER stop playing it. The only reason I don't is because I don't like the idea of HC (death = permanent).

You have 1 character in Rampage, a level 8. Non in beyond maybe a level 6 that died, do you ever do anything but praise the game just for the hell of it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info