Poacher's Mark

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Dec 22, 2020, 6:28:50 AM
It's going to be simply epic on my Quill Rain CoC Ranger. Barrage-GMP-Chain and Thief's Torment already gives me 3k life per second, now you give me a free half TT on top, plus frenzy charges and doubled diamond flask refill? Heck, I'll take that :D

I'm really curious what the lvl 20 gem looks like in terms of stats.
I'm curious about the mechanics for the mana on hit. Does it work like life gain on hit? When using Ice Shot, should I be receiving mana for enemies hit by the AOE cone or just the initial target? It seems like I receive mana on the first cursed enemy I hit after casting Poacher's Mark and then none after that, or at least I'm not seeing it consistently on subsequent attacks.

Here is a level 1 skill gem for reference:

Love this skill!!! Makes so many build work and awesome for alot of leveling builds!!
Last edited by CoreOnCrack on Aug 22, 2014, 8:36:49 AM
Does the life gained apply to Minions when they hit, or me?
DEXTERITY: How to rehaul it to be compelling
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997273
As always, whoever's dealing the Damage gets the Life.
I like how you did this skill and assassins mark, really gives some flexibility in builds. The graphic even had the unintentional effect of helping my last public game to focus fire on where the mark is placed without even mentioning anything.
I like this gem, I mean it is very useful for my fast attack speed evasion based cleaver.

However, I feel the less evasion stat is quite useless. Lets face it, if you're strength based you're most likely to have resolute technique and if you're dexterity based.... well you're most likely have high hit chance already.

I would instead like to see this stat replaced with something better... perhaps lowered accuracy or chance to apply blind. Not sure.
I love this skill. Mana/life on hit is not over the top, but it's not underwhelming either. Frenzy charges are nice and more flask charges are awesome. Lowering enemies' evasion is EXTREMELY nice for crit builds, please do not change/remove it.
Eh, personally I am a little disappointed. I have started using it on my Split Arrow Ranger where the life/mana on hit is useful, and I am not about to complain about Flask charges, but that is about all I find useful. Lower evasion is boring (you cannot see it, unlike Stun or Crit) and I already have a 93% chance to hit anyway (so I really do not notice the benefit). Frenzy Charges are the worst of the three, as they provide very minimal benefit (outside specific uniques), and there are better ways to get them. It is an OK Curse, and probably the best option for this build, but it is definitely not in the same league as Warlord's Mark or Assassin's Mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info