Melee Damage on Full Life + Blood Magic + Multiple attacks

I've found several questions similar to this, but "Multiple attacks" aspect wasn't discussed there, so here you go:

Let's say I have blood magic, and some attack gem that performs several attacks (say, Double Strike, Cyclone, Any attack-Multistrike). Let's also say, that the attacks leech/restore life in a pace sufficient to return to "full life" status before the last attack was performed.

For example, let's say I have Double Strike - Life Gain on Hit - Multistrike - Melee Damage on Full Life, and after first of six hits I restore to full life. Do I get a full life damage to next 5 hits?

Last edited by Self_mad on Aug 11, 2014, 6:15:07 PM
the attack is calculated once

If you attack, all of the single hits will do the same dmg, crit or no crit and hit or no hit, therefore it doesnt matter, if you reach Full Life during your hits
I suspect multi strike would allow you to roll 1 or 2 skill cycles with full life, that's the way it would work on spell echo at least, not sure about how multi strike works exactly.
Go GGG!
The damage is rolled upon activation for all instances (in case of a multi-hit)

Therefore if you link "damage on full life + blood magic" you will not receive the buff because you cannot be on full-life when it is executed and the damage is rolled.

There is ONE exception to this case and it is leap-slam.

Leap slam will first move you to the target destination before rolling the damage numbers.

This means it will use the cost associated with the skill prior to rolling the damage it deals.
The damage it deals is rolled when it lands on the target destination, so one could make a build utilizing melee on full-life support gem given that you are at full life when you land with leap slam.

Hope this helps you out sir.

(leap slam i know 100% functions like that from asking a dev, the multi-hit theory i base on the fact that it rolls either 100% crit for all hits or 100% no crit for all hits, leading me to assume the damage is rolled once and then apply's to all instances of that damage dealt)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Crit is rolled per activation. This has no bearing whatsoever on how anything else functions.

This is what Mark had to say, but even Cleave very clearly rolls Damage for each individual hit, and it's simultaneous hits. Iunno.
Anyways, repeat swings from Multistrike definitely can benefit from Melee Damage on Full Life, and delayed hits such as Ground and Leap Slam can as well.
Another wisdom crit of vipermagi,

much respect man.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Crit is rolled per activation. This has no bearing whatsoever on how anything else functions.

This is what Mark had to say, but even Cleave very clearly rolls Damage for each individual hit, and it's simultaneous hits. Iunno.
Anyways, repeat swings from Multistrike definitely can benefit from Melee Damage on Full Life, and delayed hits such as Ground and Leap Slam can as well.

So Acc and Crit is checked once, but Dmg isn't...
Would be curious about a Dev Statement

Could be like outgoing DMG calculated once, but checked against each enemy, which would lead to some misunderstanding as Dmg is calculated per enemy, but an attack strike just once

But I believe vipermagi for the moment ;)
Accuracy is also rolled per-target. If you Crit a pack of enemies, you can miss, Crit, and regular hit enemies in a single Attack. All three hits will have passed their initial Crit roll, however.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 11, 2014, 5:32:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info